Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because ours is so much better than yours.

Arctic Monkeys, Reverend and the Makers, The XX, Last Shadow Puppets, Kooks, Bloc Party, Newton Faulkner, Metronomy...

a proud brit.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It's really not better IMO, I hate much of our scene post-Arctic Monkeys.

Los Campesinos! are a major exception, being one of my favourite bands and pretty much perfect in every way. Jamie T is also fantastic.

·
Registered
54,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Omar Little <3

yer agreed, until the XX came along there wasn't much post monkeys. when you consider Last Shadow Puppets were monkeys, reverends were monkey influenced. but the strength of the arctics is still more than all of american indie IMO.

once again love Omar.

·
Registered
54,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did like it, but tbh there just isnt anything i hear these days. back in the day i did. if you can recommend me some, on a par with the monkeys (or close, par may be impossible (unless lennon isn't dead)) then i'd be more than grateful.

·
Registered
63,728 Posts
ryan2611 said:
because ours is so much better than yours.

Arctic Monkeys, Reverend and the Makers, The XX, Last Shadow Puppets, Kooks, Bloc Party, Newton Faulkner, Metronomy...

a proud brit.
You forgot Editors Mate, the best British Indie Band

·
Registered
54,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Editors are shite. he is a cock, there music is weak at best and their stage presence is weak too. shameful to birmingham. Beat Union are better.

·
Premium Member
15,105 Posts
ryan2611 said:
i did like it, but tbh there just isnt anything i hear these days. back in the day i did. if you can recommend me some, on a par with the monkeys (or close, par may be impossible (unless lennon isn't dead)) then i'd be more than grateful.
Since you like AMs, if you havent listened already, you would probably like The Strokes... Best American Indie band imo.
I know they are older, but meh, still amazing  :dno:

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
Joe. said:
Since you like AMs, if you havent listened already, you would probably like The Strokes... Best American Indie band imo.
I know they are older, but meh, still amazing  :dno:
fuck to the fuck yea! the garage rock scene in the early 00s was classic stuff, with my favorite bands coming out of that scene being The Walkmen and The Strokes

·
Registered
30 Posts
METRONOMY!
the xx
friendly fires
klaxons
late of the pier
arctic monkeys
the horrors
Micachu & the shapes
two door cinema club
art brut

im stopping at 10 cause i could go on forever.

·
Registered
54,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cribs suck, the front man is a cock. love the strokes, last night is top 10 rock albums of all time IMO. i'll check out the rest some time soon.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Can't stand the majority of UK traditional Indie, boring tripe that's thankfully dying off after having to endure it for far too long in the middle part of the last decade.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
ryan2611 said:
There are loads that I like but I'm not sure whether they'd fit your taste. You seem quite hard to judge (this front-man is a cock, this one is a cock etc)! :D

This thread inspired me to listen to all three Bloc Party albums for the first time in a bit last night. Usually quite a divisive band but plenty of beautiful songs to their name. Their debut is actually an indie classic, something too many albums are erroneously described as.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
One of my current favourite British indie acts are Fuck Buttons, even though they're electronic and thus probably not what you'd expect in this discussion. I'm excited to see what they do next after their impressive second album.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts