Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's no doubt this dudes music is amazing. I was wondering what his best album/ep is.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ive never really taken the time to listen to him solo whats his best song? i listened to woods but really wasnt into it that much

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Chawlz said:
or Blood Bank. although personally I havent found time to listen to it, its an EP.
It's still more material from Vernon, which is goodness. I recommend that anyone truly interested in his work listens to Hadestown by Anais Mitchell, an album from this year which Vernon contributed heavily to.

I'm also always told that his album as part of Gayngs is great, but I haven't heard it yet.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
MTP said:
Bon Iver is a band.

Just clarifying.
Even I, as a lover of his work, always forget this! Yeah though, Justin Vernon is the brains behind it all. I guess he is credited as 'Bon Iver' on Ye's shit for publicity reasons, and because I believe it WAS just him for a while.

·
Registered
30,013 Posts
Yeah, for quite a while i thought it was just Vernon himself and i constantly forget that BI is a band as well. It's kinda like the whole Jamiroquai situation. People think it's only one guy, but really, it's a band aha.

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
Porcelina said:
This is his only full album so far. Buy it, you won't be disappointed. Then, like the rest of us, wait for the follow-up. :)
Well the main dude is Justin Vernon.. Check out his other shit.. Been with alot of other bands.. But Bon Iver is the best imo.. Still other albums are dope as well..

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Kid_Cudi said:
Well the main dude is Justin Vernon.. Check out his other shit.. Been with alot of other bands.. But Bon Iver is the best imo.. Still other albums are dope as well..
Check my other posts; I know the situation. I haven't checked all of his shit yet but I do love Hadestown.

As I say, I phrase it as such because Vernon is the key element.

·
Registered
622 Posts
For Emma is the best but he also has two solo cds that came out before Bon Iver came to. They were entitled Hazletons and self record.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Every Bon Iver thread that gets made I always come in and say the same thing. Don't forget to look into Justin Vernon's other project, GAYNGS. It's epic.

·
Registered
63,728 Posts
bkmacdonald said:
Every Bon Iver thread that gets made I always come in and say the same thing. Don't forget to look into Justin Vernon's other project, GAYNGS. It's epic.

I always think of Plastic Beach when i listen to this

·
Registered
63,728 Posts
bkmacdonald said:
Funny you say that, I always thought of Justin Vernon as an American version of Damon Albarn in a way.
yeah, they're pretty similar, love them both btw lol.

Justin only needs to be as famous and well known as Damon, he deserves it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts