Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A powerful beat,reminiscent of 808-era,verse 2 is great,Nina Simone sample is GOAT,great hook,**** I even like the autotune in this one.Top 10 Yeezy songs IMO

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
It's dope but I feel that he took an incredibly powerful sample with deep meaning and shit on it by just talking about stupid relationship issues. The lyrics don't make any sense in the context of the sample

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Siro said:
It's dope but I feel that he took an incredibly powerful sample with deep meaning and shit on it by just talking about stupid relationship issues. The lyrics don't make any sense in the context of the sample
plus the 'black bodies hanging from trees' is in there too. i could understand if the rest of strange fruit was used, but that line literally has no relevance. i do like the beat though.

It seems that the same people who say this is one of the best Kanye songs are the same people who call 808s his worst album.

·
Registered
17 Posts
easily the best song on yeezus. it combines the best parts of 808s and mbdtf and continues to push the envelope further incorporating the electro-trap sounds of tnght. beautiful.

·
Registered
71,327 Posts

·
Registered
11,104 Posts
unbelievable instrumental but i dont wanna hear kanye talk about bullshit and molly over it, almost ruined the beat tbh

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
That songs personifies Kanye. Strange Fruit and C-Murder samples,you can hear remnants of his whole career in that song.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Corry said:
plus the 'black bodies hanging from trees' is in there too. i could understand if the rest of strange fruit was used, but that line literally has no relevance. i do like the beat though.

It seems that the same people who say this is one of the best Kanye songs are the same people who call 808s his worst album.
Ya it's incredibly disrespectful. I dunno how he got that sample cleared. But if that beat was given to the right artist could have been a great song.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts