Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bit rates do you guys use for your music? Do you use 192 to strike a balance between space and sound, or do you detect a noticeable difference with 256 and use that?

Is 320 a waste, and do you think 128 is complete shit? Wanted to hear some opinions.

Also, is it a good idea to create AAC versions on iTunes to save space?

Thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
AAC (iTunes at least) is 256kbps. 320 is practically useless for MOST types of music, especially hip-hop. 320 (& even FLAC) are mainly for genres of music which include a shit ton of instruments.

V0 is easily the best bitrate. It's the perfect balance between quality/size. The scene finally started ripping in V0, thank god.

and yes, 128 is utter dog shit.

·
Registered
78,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crise said:
AAC (iTunes at least) is 256kbps. 320 is practically useless for MOST types of music, especially hip-hop. 320 (& even FLAC) are mainly for genres of music which include a shit ton of instruments.

V0 is easily the best bitrate. It's the perfect balance between quality/size. The scene finally started ripping in V0, thank god.

and yes, 128 is utter dog shit.
Ah, cool. Nice avy too. What's v0?

·
Registered
99,393 Posts
128 is unfuckwitable for me.....256 is itunes and 320 are pretty enjoyable but if you really want to get the full experience out of a record make sure to rip/download it in FLAC....

·
Registered
270 Posts
v0 is VBR (variable bit rate) .. v0 gives you as much kbps as it needs to per song. it wont give 320 unless that song requires 320kbps to be listened to with full potential. it gives the song the amount of kbps it needs

·
Registered
78,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JIV said:
v0 is VBR (variable bit rate) .. v0 gives you as much kbps as it needs to per song. it wont give 320 unless that song requires 320kbps to be listened to with full potential. it gives the song the amount of kbps it needs
TY. I'm converting a bunch of my 256+ songs to VBR and it's saving me a bunch of space, making them anywhere from 190-220ish.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
JRG.Blizzard said:
TY. I'm converting a bunch of my 256+ songs to VBR and it's saving me a bunch of space, making them anywhere from 190-220ish.
If your files are anything other than lossless, then you're just wasting your time and making the files worse.

·
Registered
78,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
k1r92 said:
If your files are anything other than lossless, then you're just wasting your time and making the files worse.
Well they're 200-240, which is good enough for me. I haven't been able to tell the difference really.

·
Registered
78,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I just freed up nearly a GB of music (my iPod was full) and my songs sound nearly the same. I'm happy :epic:

Time to rip these 20 Cds from the library!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Does the ipod touch 4g play anything above 128. Kbps? i heard that an ipod when heard on earphones rhe most it gives is 128.

But the ipod does play 320 when hooked to a car or computer

Is this right?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts