Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Billy Watts (or DJ Kill Bill) was a 17 year old teenager from Detroit, Michigan who documented his suicide on his Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/djkillbill313/?hl=en

It is about 4 1/2 years ago Watts started posting pictures of him making his way to the river he would eventually decide to drown in. The images included pictures of him captioning "Thinking about cutting my hair for my funeral", "My last meal" and "Time to see if my watch is really waterproof.". 2 days before leaving however, he released a 30 minute long beat-tape on his Soundcloud and Youtube. What's less of a traditional mixtape and more of a suicide note, included gloomy, experimental and out of place instrumentals sprinkled through with vocal samples about mental illness. Overall its a very unorganized and unpolished piece of music that doesnt fulfill the purpose of entertaining rather than speaking and citing agony. Near the end, around the 27:50 you hear bodies drop into water, followed by a gasp losing air to breathe. At the very end a vocal sample of life flashing infront of your eyes before death plays and the music transitions into slow taps until theres full silence. Watts had made this his destiny and left a piece of art that will forever live on. It is a tragedy in the sense that he was young, had potential and seemed like a creative kid. I had heard about it when it first happened but I've been thinking about it every other week since to remember how horrible of an option that type of departure truly is. Mental illness is an ugly plight which nobody truly knows how to break free from and we all have our ways of going about it, but it is on us to stay strong nonetheless and believe in ourselves. No matter how "bad" this project might have been, this kid had immense talent and potential and his self induced death will forever be a sad sight but a reminder to me personally that I want to be present during my celebration.

To quote Billy "Smile, you've lived."

·
Banned
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lordie Justo said:
Sad but it was funny af how no one listened to that shit after his whole ig suicide post lol
its really scary, its like he enthused whatever inner turbulence and parasites he had in his mind into the music

·
Banned
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NiceLikeChrist said:
Where is the note? Is it supposed to be the beat tape?

Came in expecting to read a suicide note
Yea its the tape, its more of an audio note and its subtle, but the vocal samples and some effects as well as the music itself symbolize his thoughts and experiences I believe

·
Banned
18,035 Posts
:cryfam:

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
bgsteeler10 said:
Sometimes, it’s just the struggle of feeling lonely and like no one cares.
Keep ya chin up, fam. Life is tides. Shallow one moment and high the next. I know the feeling you talking about. But as long as you care about yourself you'll make it to that next high tide in life.

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts