Kanye to The banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two dark albums..

On MBDTF Kanye was genuinely unhappy and pissed with the way he'd been treated.  The music felt darker and lyrics felt more real.

Yeezus is a dark album where Kanye was actually very happy.  In a good relationship, baby coming, career back on track.  At the end of the day the album is brilliant too, but you can feel that the album is just off a little.  He can't channel the same emotions and anger just exactly right.

In many ways the number of strong sexual references in the album and talk about various females makes me wonder if this was his bachelor party album.  One last hurrah before marriage and the birth of his daughter.  I imagine we'll always have some of these lyrics, but probably not as strong.  Similar to Jay-z's change after his marriage to Beyonce.

·
Banned
15,390 Posts
Yeezus doesn't feel dark at all. The lyrics are silly on majority of songs and the beats are pretty upbeat on most of the songs.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Peter Falk said:
Yeezus doesn't feel dark at all. The lyrics are silly on majority of songs and the beats are pretty upbeat on most of the songs.
this 

yeezus is falsely perceived as dark  , I can help but think that Ye got an  mbdtf type album almost finished then he got influenced and decided to do something else but the lack of time give us.....Yeezus

all those interviews by Ye camp about it yeezus really made me feels
uncomfortable the results doesn't sound like the beast they are talking about

·
Registered
307 Posts
I still think Yeezus is largely satirical tbh. I think the RapGenius' explanation on the last lines of Bound 2 holds strong evidence to that theory too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts