Premium Member
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me your favorite and why!

You can also tell why if you don't like one or more of them

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'll go with XV, even tough I enjoy all 3.

Charles Hamilton has too many bad songs IMO and Sean... I don't know sometimes his flow isn't on point or his lyrics are bad.
XV has the most impressive discography and is a breath of fresh air... kinda like a mix between Cudi and Fiasco

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
wow hard question..
LycKay said:
Charles Hamilton has too many bad songs IMO and Sean... I don't know sometimes his flow isn't on point or his lyrics are bad.
XV has the most impressive discography and is a breath of fresh air... kinda like a mix between Cudi and Fiasco
cant choosen one, they are all so different

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Charles is amazing to but you have to feel it. Although he made a lot of shit, he always make to much music:S

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
as you seen Big Sean and Charles Hamilton are in my avy, so it's a tie between them two, idk where I woul dbe without Charles Hamilton though real talk

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Lyrically I'd take Big Sean, conceptually I'd take Charles Hamilton but musically I'd take XV over all of them. I can bump most if not all of that guys tracks.

Sean still needs to prove himself to me more. Prior to FFV3 which was eh because there were some good songs but some weak stuff too Sean had really good mixtapes out. He's got punchlines for days and most of the production that he has around him is fairly good. When this guy is on, nobody can really touch him. The BET Cypher and the last two Good Friday tracks he's been on are a great example.

Charles Hamilton has had good music as well but I've heard a lot more bad then good. He can't sing hooks and sometimes the beats he makes just don't cut it for me. CH also has a tendency to over saturate his music in the public. He doesn't just drop one mixtape at a time all the time. Sometimes he drops 2 or 3 for no necessary reason. If he spaced them out and chilled at the pace he works at he could have mixtapes lined up for awhile and release something once every 3 months instead of 3 tapes in one week or one month. Lyrically he's good, the guy can rhyme but it takes more then some witty punchlines to win people over and have major success in the music industry.

XV has the lyrics (which may not always resonate with everyone) the production from Seven and a pretty good flow. Square in the Circle, for me at least, was a really good mixtape. The concepts of all his mixtapes have been good and well thought out. He's never really delivered a strait dud or something that I listen to and say I completely dislike. The 40 Days 40 Nights thing was pretty ahead of it's time and also quite the feat when you think about how he managed to do one song each and each night for 40 days. I can't think of anybody creatively that comes close to that and puts out quality stuff. The kid with the green bag pack get's my vote with Sean a close second and CH a distant third. I still dig each of their works regardless.

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
XV for the sole fact that when he isn't good, his songs are still decent.

When Sean and CH are bad they're fucking terrible. Even at their best individually neither are as good as XV's best.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.