Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he has a horrible, amateur sounding delivery and most of his verses are so basic.. how in the hell did he get signed?

·
Banned
5,206 Posts
mr.cudi said:
he has a horrible, amateur sounding delivery and most of his verses are so basic.. how in the hell did he get signed?
his style and voice i imagine are the two main reasons.
he attracts kids with his fashion.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chawlz said:
there are probably hundreds of guys out there that are better and should be signed to G.O.O.D like tayyib ali. hes 18 and he makes big sean sound like a wannabe white kid

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
mr.cudi said:
Chawlz said:
mr.cudi said:
there are probably hundreds of guys out there that are better and should be signed to G.O.O.D like tayyib ali. hes 18 and he makes big sean sound like a wannabe white kid
thank you ! now stans..find the way to this thread

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Tbh latley hes been putting out some garbage but his older works and even now every once in a while he has really good verses just when hes lazy and talks about drugs and sex then he sucks

·
Registered
87,464 Posts
mike posner - who knows? (feat. Big Sean)

mike posner - speed of sound (feat. Big Sean)

big sean - whatever you want (feat. Kanye)

those are all dope tracks, tbh i havent really heard much else from him but he is sick on the songs i listed

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ean said:
i dunno what your talkin about? seans good as fuck

and i youtubed that tayyib guy and he aint that nice..
listen to penthouse minutes
from what I have heard of big Sean lately this guy will easily be better than him in a few years, not that that'll be hard

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
mr.cudi said:
Beats have nothing to do with him, he's worked with No I.D., 'Ye and Pharrell for his album.

How is his delivery amateur? He's created a whole new flow with Supa Dupa that a shit ton of other rappers jocked.

If you focus solely on mixtape material, his verses really aren't that basic. Listen to FF2, even some songs on FF3. Memories for example, simple but powerful lyrics. Almost Wrote You a Love Song and Love Story from FF2, he tells great stories.

And I'm shocked that you haven't heard the story of how he got signed yet...Big Sean tells it every damn interview he does, lol.

#HaterFAIL

·
Premium Member
11,905 Posts
dsabelson said:
Beats have nothing to do with him, he's worked with No I.D., 'Ye and Pharrell for his album.

How is his delivery amateur? He's created a whole new flow with Supa Dupa that a shit ton of other rappers jocked.

If you focus solely on mixtape material, his verses really aren't that basic. Listen to FF2, even some songs on FF3. Memories for example, simple but powerful lyrics. Almost Wrote You a Love Song and Love Story from FF2, he tells great stories.

And I'm shocked that you haven't heard the story of how he got signed yet...Big Sean tells it every damn interview he does, lol.

#HaterFAIL

Amen.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dsabelson said:

#HaterFAIL
the question "how did he get signed" was sarcasm aka I don't think he has the talent to be signed to G.O.O.D

I never said anything about his beats?

"They say I’m too fake, fuck it I’m paid
I can’t even find an empty spot inside my safe
I got Carti’s on my eyes, Louis on my case
Lobster, shrimp, and calimari right here chilling on my plate
They tell me I’m on time, even when I’m late
Even if it’s a lie they say everything is great
I’m grabbin’ the fattest asses, just to see ‘em shake
I swear I’m too real to be, I’m too real to be livin’ so fake"

wow that's deep and creative -__-

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
dsabelson said:

#HaterFAIL
for the whole big sean flow made that flow and everybody jocked it argument.
this was made in 2006.
seriously,  sean did not invent this flow at all a lot of rappers have used it before him is all :dno:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
drop.out said:
this was made in 2006.
seriously,  sean did not invent this flow at all
Yeaaaaaaaa

And Big Sean got signed because he rapped to Kanye West and he liked it. Is what I saw in an interview a while back. I honestly think Big Sean will be the first artist to get dropped from GOOD. Im still a fan though.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drop.out said:
this was made in 2006.
seriously,  sean did not invent this flow at all a lot of rappers have used it before him is all :dno:
yes lupe ftw! big sean is like one of lupe's dingleberries

and just fyi,

dingleberry - A delinquent partial turd which grasps anal shrubery causing brownish crust to accumulate in ones boxers.
- via UrbanDictionary

·
Registered
570 Posts
that lupe videos funny, even drake thinks big sean invented that flow. not that drake is cool or anything but hes a rapper so he should at least know where he gets his flows from lol

·
Registered
32,365 Posts
mr.cudi said:
yes lupe ftw! big sean is like one of lupe's dingleberries

and just fyi,

dingleberry - A delinquent partial turd which grasps anal shrubery causing brownish crust to accumulate in ones boxers.
- via UrbanDictionary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-3wN7HacnQ
imo he invented this flow. and even if he didnt, he popularized it. Sean is sick, and hes a storyteller.

listen to seans storytelling and just give him a chance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-8u9KNE5oY
Its not like cudi is the most amazing 'good' rapper either.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mctate said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-3wN7HacnQ
imo he invented this flow. and even if he didnt, he popularized it. Sean is sick, and hes a storyteller.

Its not like cudi is the most amazing 'good' rapper either.
cudi doesnt have anywhere near the best flow, i like cudi because he's real and he's unique

im not comparing the two because they dont make the same kind of music, but in the amateur rap category big sean wins for sure, "pussy, money, weed bitch!"

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
mr.cudi said:
cudi doesnt have anywhere near the best flow, i like cudi because he's real and he's unique

im not comparing the two because they dont make the same kind of music, but in the amateur rap category big sean wins for sure, "pussy, money, weed bitch!"
I take it you only heard FF3?

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
gtfo with Lupe, Big Sean made that flow popular and brought it back, nobody got that from Lupe

and Big Sean's been killin it since he was a youngin:

HOWS THAT FOR SOCIALLY CONCIOUS MUSIC, FUCK A LUPE FIASCO? HUH

"don't mess wit drugs or try to creep, unless u wanna end up 6 feet deep"

thats on some illmatic shit right there :problem?:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts