Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love his music and all and I understand that when you are young, you're views on the world are entirely different from one when you become an adult because life hardens you and takes it's toll. However, for him  to change his perception completely and not bring any aura of consciousness to his music but instead rap about sex, weed, & money now seems to show a huge contradiction. Of course, we are all human and we all have our flaws but if you want to be a role model to the kids, you should limit the amount of things you do that are not good examples. Big Sean has song's called Smoke & Drive, Money & Sex, Iraq, etc.

He's a good artist and I appreciate what he brings to the game, but when a guys does a full 180 like this, it kinda makes you scratch your head, especially since he's still so young.

Watch this video:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhk34r6J0Oq4X5T7gI

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
i'm sick of him tbh. i thought he was fresh as hell, and i thought he was progressing, but like you said, he's done a full 180

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
UKnowBigSean was dope, now I just don't get him. He's fucking around.. Like Supa Dupa is amazing, but the rest is just not worth listening..

·
Registered
873 Posts
smh nigga was like 14 in that video....ya actin like ppl get into drugs nd shit at 14.....nd it was probly a project for school or somethin.....i swear ya ppl find any reason to hate on somebody smh  :dno:

·
Registered
32,365 Posts
seriously, if you were into drugs at 14, something was wrong. hell he mighta been 15 or 16, but still i can see him preaching this message.. once you graduated things change.

still funny as hell

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
This video is old and has been posted before but yeah the guy was like fucking 13 or something lolol c'mon man.... I was saying the same shit around that age and now I smoke weed and drink alcohol at age 21...was he suppose to be fucking bitches and lighting up at age 13 lolol I hope not anyway

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
i get what your saying, but you know people change :dno: and he'll prlly change again later on in a few years. as for rapping about sex money weed, i see your point, i hope he makes more songs like (i think it was) whatever you want.

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
▲FlyMx said:
This video is old and has been posted before but yeah the guy was like fucking 13 or something lolol c'mon man.... I was saying the same shit around that age and now I smoke weed and drink alcohol at age 21...was he suppose to be fucking bitches and lighting up at age 13 lolol I hope not anyway
If you grew up in the hardest of areas you would be suprised with the amount of shit that goes on with 13yr olds that have no guidance. Niggas were 12 in my area already smoking weed and fuckin n shit. And as far as Big Sean goes, money talks. And just look at the industry today anyway, thats what its all about unfortunately.

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
The excuse that "oh he's was only 14" is kinda invalid in some way. Everyone is different. Some people stick to their guns and still keep the same beliefs i.e. Never smoke and drink. What messed up Big Sean in his case was not the fact that he got older, but was the exposure and the introduction to the mainstream world of hip hop.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts