Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
its like with soul samples, Kanye didn't invent sampling soul, he just took it to the forefront of music at that time along with Just. This flow is Big Sean's flow for this generation...he's the one that kinda put it on the map and accentuated it...giving it noteriety that Lupe and whatever artists did not...

·
Premium Member
6,967 Posts
GSB said:
its like with soul samples, Kanye didn't invent sampling soul, he just took it to the forefront of music at that time along with Just. This flow is Big Sean's flow for this generation...he's the one that kinda put it on the map and accentuated it...giving it noteriety that Lupe and whatever artists did not...
Not to rain on your parade but Big Sean didn't bring anything to the forefront of music, most people don't even know who the fuck he is.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Nat said:
Not to rain on your parade but Big Sean didn't bring anything to the forefront of music, most people don't even know who the fuck he is.
Agreed. I would say that Drake is the one who made this technique popular. It pretty much started to blow up after he did it on the Forever verse.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Nat said:
i agree, it was drake who popularized it, but what i meant to say was that he made it more accessible and the focus of his raps...

·
Registered
37,386 Posts
Drake bit his flow, canines.

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
Newlopw said:
This song was recorded in 2006  :kanyeshrug:

LUPE FIASCO >>>>>

and i love this song but never actually realised because his punchlines are a lot more intelligent than seans or drake's

1 - 20 of 33 Posts