Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some AWESOME horror movies? Or action movies with a ton of action?

Doesn't have to be recent, like anything in the past 10 years.

I've seen almost everything recent though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,555 Posts
Let Me In
Martyrs
REC
The Poughkeepsie Tapes
The Strangers
Drag Me To Hell (if that's even considered horror)
Frozen
Inside
High Tension
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,708 Posts
Them (Ils) is pretty damn intense. I was hiding behind my blanket the whole time.
Tale of Two Sisters is probably one of my favorite horror films.
The Orphanage
Audition

Keep in mind, these are all foreign. Most Hollywood horror films are remakes of foreign horror films anyway, so :sarc2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,555 Posts
pederloo said:
really? The plot is nonexistent, but I thought its tension was unmatched by even the similar The Strangers.
was so boring to me and the ending pissed me off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,708 Posts
shadynarkoticz said:
was so boring to me and the ending pissed me off.
I feel ya. The last 20 minutes or so are pretty lame, but when you really think about it, the ending kind of makes the rest seem more creepy.

This ending didn't disappoint me near as much as High Tension's did doe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,555 Posts
pederloo said:
I feel ya. The last 20 minutes or so are pretty lame, but when you really think about it, the ending kind of makes the rest seem more creepy.

This ending didn't disappoint me near as much as High Tension's did doe.
love High Tension, love the ending, love love love love love.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,708 Posts
shadynarkoticz said:
love High Tension, love the ending, love love love love love.
really? I found it completely unbelievable and super tacky. The rest of the movie is awesome, but that ending just felt unneeded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,555 Posts
pederloo said:
really? I found it completely unbelievable and super tacky. The rest of the movie is awesome, but that ending just felt unneeded.
kind of a weird way to end it, but i looooooove that movie. one of the first real horror movies i saw.

needs to be more extreme french horror movies out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,262 Posts
Very few decent horror movies over the decade... I'd say it's worth checking out some of the Japanese horror films that Hollywood so clumsily destroyed with remakes.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top