Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have experience with this shit?

I got a credit card from Synchrony Bank through Amazon because they offered a free $50 gift card for signing up. I never got the credit card in the mail so I had no idea what my log in info was, they might have sent it to my old address or something. I eventually get called by Synchrony to make the payment on the card, during which they inform me they've added a late charge. Okay, whatever, I eat the charge and give them my debit card info and tell them to pay the balance in full, and to cancel my credit card. They process the payment and tell me over the phone that the card is paid and my account is closed. I think I'm home free but a month later I get called again saying my payment is due and that another late charge has been added. I go through the same song and dance and sure enough they call back a month later saying I've missed the payment and another late charge has been added. Every call they basically just hound me for the minimum balance (like $50) and then when I try to pay off the whole balance they just pretend to do it and really they never accept my payment. I even managed to get my log in info from their terrible customer service and paid the full balance online. I have a screenshot from the site showing my balance at $0.00 and another screenshot that shows my account was closed. But of course it never went through and now they're calling me multiple times a day again. I checked my statements and every single time I had more than enough $ in my account to cover the cost. Customer Service is a literal dead end. I did some googling and there's hundreds of similar stories of people getting screwed by these guys

Worst part is I just read through the contract again and there's a clause prohibiting me from participating or filing a class action against these jerks

TLDR Credit Card company is trying to bleed me by not allowing me to pay off my balance

WTF are my options here
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,749 Posts
Lol I can't believe you actually let them repeatedly rape you of even a single penny

You get proof of all of their calls, future and past if possovle, and threaten to sue them regardless of what their dumbass terms & conditions are. Stop being a bitch to these people :what:

And you never even got the card, how do you not see that as a problem? For all you know someone else can be using it to make small purchases :what:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jason. said:
Lol I can't believe you actually let them repeatedly rape you of even a single penny

You get proof of all of their calls, future and past if possovle, and threaten to sue them regardless of what their dumbass terms & conditions are. Stop being a bitch to these people :what:

And you never even got the card, how do you not see that as a problem? For all you know someone else can be using it to make small purchases :what:
Nah see they haven't processed any of my payments. I've been on the phone with them and put in my card info multiple times but they've both

1) Told me they processed the payment
2) Told me my card info wasn't working

When I did it online it worked fine but once again it falsely confirmed the payment while my bank statement says something else entirely

The only people I can converse with are IT lackeys in fucking India. When i tried to get higher up they literally just passed me off to Amazon who told me they have zero to do with the company and that they're only doing the promotion part. Even the guy I spoke with from Amazon was like damn, this sounds like a scam
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,749 Posts
SeeMoGreen said:
Nah see they haven't processed any of my payments. I've been on the phone with them and put in my card info multiple times but they've both

1) Told me they processed the payment
2) Told me my card info wasn't working

When I did it online it worked fine but once again it falsely confirmed the payment while my bank statement says something else entirely

The only people I can converse with are IT lackeys in fucking India. When i tried to get higher up they literally just passed me off to Amazon who told me they have zero to do with the company and that they're only doing the promotion part. Even the guy I spoke with from Amazon was like damn, this sounds like a scam
then just stop answering them and make sure it's not affecting your credit score
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jason. said:
then just stop answering them and make sure it's not affecting your credit score
Feels like something I shouldn't let fester, they're already calling me five times a day and I don't answer anymore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tunechi Carterz said:
Wait,

You never got the card in the mail but you got charged a payment? Da fuq
I'm not quite sure because it was presented as get a $50 gift card with sign up but maybe that went on the card or something? I have no idea because I've never used the card and they keep piling on these late fees
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top