Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I'm already privy to such information and have been building custom rigs for years.
I try to spread the word but people don't listen.

That part about Apple's fan base showing almost religious support for the brand is so true.
They're like zombies that can't wait to give Apple more of their money.
I think people for some odd reason think of Apple as some sort of status symbol.
That if you have the "new apple thing" you're cool and savvy.
But that couldn't be farther from the truth. :fly:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Nobody is forcing anyone to go an buy an Apple product, if you don't like it or you have some weird idea that they are trying to control you, then don't buy their products, it's quite simple - no need to start some sort "tell all your friends Apple are bad" whenever Google no just about everything there is to know about your day to day operations.

There's a reason why millions of people are buying Apple products, why global computer sales have fallen, but Macbook sales have risen, and it isn't just because the products look nice but because Apple make damn good products, that work right out of the box and that millions of people who have never used a computer, can plug in and understand it within hours. That experienced users can plug in and get straight into their usual work flow.

People do not want to deal with anti-viruses, people don't wan't to have to work with menus and program installations, they certainly don't want to think about building a fucking PC from parts from Newegg. If it breaks, you don't have to worry about finding shady repair stores, or sitting for hours on Dell's terrible customer service lines only to be told you are going to have to send it off for a month - you know the Apple store is there for you to take it and get it checked out right away.

Yeah it's expensive because it's looks nice, and yeah the commercials can be obnoxious, but when you take off all the shines and sparkles, there remains a solid, reliable, easy to use computer that will give its users substantially less hassle than a cheaper PC equivalent, and for a lot of people, that's something worth spending money on.

Oh and for the record, the OS X security structure is incredibly solid, the market share has grown incredibly over the past few years and the system still remains a great deal more reliable than any PC.

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
SuperDuper_C said:
Nobody is forcing anyone to go an buy an Apple product, if you don't like it or you have some weird idea that they are trying to control you, then don't buy their products, it's quite simple - no need to start some sort "tell all your friends Apple are bad" whenever Google no just about everything there is to know about your day to day operations.

There's a reason why millions of people are buying Apple products, why global computer sales have fallen, but Macbook sales have risen, and it isn't just because the products look nice but because Apple make damn good products, that work right out of the box and that millions of people who have never used a computer, can plug in and understand it within hours. That experienced users can plug in and get straight into their usual work flow.

People do not want to deal with anti-viruses, people don't wan't to have to work with menus and program installations, they certainly don't want to think about building a fucking PC from parts from Newegg. If it breaks, you don't have to worry about finding shady repair stores, or sitting for hours on Dell's terrible customer service lines only to be told you are going to have to send it off for a month - you know the Apple store is there for you to take it and get it checked out right away.

Yeah it's expensive because it's looks nice, and yeah the commercials can be obnoxious, but when you take off all the shines and sparkles, there remains a solid, reliable, easy to use computer that will give its users substantially less hassle than a cheaper PC equivalent, and for a lot of people, that's something worth spending money on.

Oh and for the record, the OS X security structure is incredibly solid, the market share has grown incredibly over the past few years and the system still remains a great deal more reliable than any PC.
My mom has been using her Windows laptop for 3 years without any issues. She's never gotten a virus. Believe it or not, her tiny, non OS X using brain was even able to comprehend clicking on the Start button to find her programs!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Steven Colbear said:
My mom has been using her Windows laptop for 3 years without any issues. She's never gotten a virus. Believe it or not, her tiny, non OS X using brain was even able to comprehend clicking on the Start button to find her programs!
Yes, and that's my point, the option is there, anyone can learn how to use either of the machines and while macs are inherently easier to use, and more reliable, there is absolutely nothing stopping someone quickly getting a grasp of windows or never coming across security issues. It's all down to the user preference, and the ecosystem apple have built up makes people who have never touched a computer feel much more at ease, and for some reason, people feel the need to make charts that are mostly bullshit and call people stupid because they can't build their own or didn't buy the latest Dell with interchangeable plastic covers?

Why can't people just make their own decisions, then stfu and enjoy it instead of worrying about what the next guy is doing?

·
Registered
16,731 Posts
Lol at people on this anti Mac campaign. They're quick easy to use and I've never had a problem with it. On the other hand, friends with pcs always experience major malfunctions and problems. Stop being a hipster and being anti Mac cus everyone else likes and uses them. You're not special or above anyone else because you have a pc

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SuperDuper_C said:

The article doesn't really target the OS, just the hardware. I have a Dell XPS laptop running OSX, mainly because the media computers at my school are all macs.

Rizon said:
Lol at people on this anti Mac campaign. They're quick easy to use and I've never had a problem with it. On the other hand, friends with pcs always experience major malfunctions and problems. Stop being a hipster and being anti Mac cus everyone else likes and uses them. You're not special or above anyone else because you have a pc
A mac user calling PC users hipsters. :bitchgtfo:
I thought I've seen everything.

·
Registered
16,731 Posts
urbex said:
The article doesn't really target the OS, just the hardware. I have a Dell XPS laptop running OSX, mainly because the media computers at my school are all macs.
A mac user calling PC users hipsters. :bitchgtfo:
I thought I've seen everything.
its true. mac has become the "mainstream product" and so tech nerds feel the need to be superior and use pc. its the truth. and for the record im not saying mac is better or pc is better

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Rizon said:
its true. mac has become the "mainstream product" and so tech nerds feel the need to be superior and use pc. its the truth. and for the record im not saying mac is better or pc is better
Guy, you almost sound delusional.
It's never been about superiority.
It's about what Apple charges for their mediocre hardware.

The argument here is that Apple computers are just obscenely overpriced.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Rizon said:
did i just read that right? you called someone who's anti-mac a hipster?
*looks out window to see if pigs are flying*

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
Rizon said:
OS X has a marketshare of about 12%. How does that Kool-Aid that Steve Jobs hands out to Mac users taste?

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
In an ideal world Macs would be completely irrelevant.

But we don't live in an ideal world. We live in one where 90% of people need their hand held and have made common sense uncommon. So Macs are perfect for this generation of people.

Not hating on Macs. Just my god. People that have "constant problems" on a PC are just utterly retarded. It's ridiculous how the average person still can't figure shit out that's been around longer than they have.

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
i just dont like people acting like windows is a terrible OS. like when they switched to mac it was like an angel coming down blessing their computer with an OS created by god. they alweys talk about when they had a pc it crashed every 30 seconds. no one is attacking macs its actually the opposite, mac users attack pcs acting like the pc is unusable

Steven Colbear said:
OS X has a marketshare of about 12%. How does that Kool-Aid that Steve Jobs hands out to Mac users taste?
is it really 12% i thought it was much less (like 4-5% or sommin)

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I'll never understand why people get so upset about what someone's computer preference is. Whether it's Mac or PC, who cares, use what works best for you.

Idk, I'll just never understand the elitist attitude of: "I know what type of computer you need more than you know what type of computer you need. You're a moron for not having the kind of computer I think you should have."

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
AnnaJ said:
I'll never understand why people get so upset about what someone's computer preference is. Whether it's Mac or PC, who cares, use what works best for you.

Idk, I'll just never understand the elitist attitude of: "I know what type of computer you need more than you know what type of computer you need. You're a moron for not having the kind of computer I think you should have."
You forgot to mention Linux. :sarc2:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts