Kanye to The banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's that user that said Kanye has no impact outta hip-hop music? Get your ass ITT.

That sounds more like a hip-hop record than indie album.

Dan: It's not hip-hop at all, in that we're not rapping. But I look to an album like [Kanye West's] My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Kanye's ability to just go off on a random tangent. Hopefully, our album will be quite disorientating, going from epic production to the track where it is just me and Will doing a guitar song in one take. It's very much something we've taken from that genre which we love.

Something like Kanye's The Life of Pablo, it's quite a scattershot record, going from soul to dance.

Dan: It's his ability to not give a shit. He'll go from this hard sound to some beautiful old soul tune, it's that ability to just cut it off. Our album isn't quite as jarring as that but I think there's something interesting there. For us, it's more about not giving a fuck about genre; I don't think many people do anymore. I think that's president in hip-hop albums, like when Kanye gets Bon Iver to sing on an album; it doesn't matter if it's a Kanye album. We're trying to emulate that in that we have other voices coming in as quotes left, right and centre, and instrumentation coming in from anywhere. We'll see what people think, but essentially out medium is this three or four pop-song base, which I think is the thing that holds it all together.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/bastille-interview-band-talk-new-album-wild-world-being-inspired-by-kanye-west-and-sneaking-into-a7111631.html

·
Registered
24,100 Posts
What a fantastic quote that is

Kanye is one of the most inspiring artists out there. His fearless creativity and artistry is something I respect deeply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts