Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kanye went on a rant the past few days about his Album cover not passing the record labels standards. Whether it be for explicit reasons or for marketing purposes, kanye used his new found social media outlets to retaliate in his signature childish manner tweeting, "Yoooo they banned my album cover!!!!! Ima tweet it in a few..."

and continuing to explain to his fans and millions of followers, "So Nirvana can have a naked human being on they cover but I can't have a PAINTING of a monster with no arms and a polka dot tail and wings"

As this could be the case most Kanye followers have their doubts and believe Kanye could be teasing, or "trolling", everyone in some sort of a publicity stunt to promote the album even more. Human instinct draws us toward the taboo. Just as MJ wore his banned Jordan 1's in the NBA, which lead to everyone wanting a piece of the controversy. Maybe he's trying to draw all of us, and fans who still may be on the fence, into the same ploy.

One major detail that promotes the "kanye be trolling" theory is his earlier tweet about being in Paris picking typefaces for the album packaging, and as we see there appears to be no type on the album artwork at all. This lead me to believe there are two options for the artwork Kanye posted to twitter as his "Banned album art"...

1) The artwork we saw is part of the album packaging as a whole. With the album dropping with the 35Min 'Runaway' film included it would not be surprising that this artwork was intended to be INSIDE the actual packaging as a cardstock sleeve containing the film DVD. Connecting the story of Kanye falling for a paranormal phoenix from space with the obvious phoenix and Kanye artwork, "They don't want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix!" Meaning kanye has a completely different album cover ready to go.

(A slim cardstock sleeve that could be printed on and easily packaged inside of a jewel case )

2) This was the actual artwork intended for the main packaging of the album, and the typeface that kanye was choosing would have been printed on the plastic wrapping of the package, throwing all "trolling" and publicity stunt theories out the window, and possibly call for kanye to use an extremely generic album cover. (See Drake, Thank Me Later album cover.)

:dno: :dno: :dno:

G

·
chocolatelovin said:
"and possibly call for kanye to use an extremely generic album cover. (See Drake, Thank Me Later album cover.)"

hahahahahhaahahah x)
see all wayne covers and Eminem Covers

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Official Statement from Wal-Mart:

When MTV News reached out for comment on the cover, Walmart sent the following statement: "We're excited about Kanye West's new album and we look forward to carrying it in our stores on November 22nd. As always, it's our standard practice to carry the edited parental advisory version. We did not reject the cover artwork and it was never presented to us to view."

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2010/10/18/kanye-west-album-cover-fans-react/

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
People on this board were saying Wal-Mart banned it which is impossible because no retail store has the album yet. I just posted that for clarification.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
it wasn't banned because of nudity. it was banned because of sex.
zepplin had an album cover banned at one time i believe.. only thing happened was something covered the cover until you purchased it then you could take it off..
not that big of a deal. its very understandable why its banned.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts