Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
36,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought something online 5 days ago. It was only $24.
I check my account that night, and its $55 in there.
I take out $40.
I check it the next day, there's $15 left in there.
I don't buy anything for 3 days or so.
I check it today, I have - $12.50.
I call the bank.
Apparently the online store JUST charged my card, 5 days after I bought it.
Why the fuck would anyone do that.
So now I have cash money but my bank account is going to be overdrawn in 50 minutes.
The nearest bank to deposit money is 35 minutes away. It's 6:13, and I have to be there at 7pm or before.
My friend is busy for 10 minutes until he can take me.
I'm so fucked.

edit: on top of that, the bank i have to deposit it at, we don't even know where it's at for sure exactly, and looking at the google maps its further than I thought.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
You don't have online banking? If you did you could have say your mom (if she has the same bank as you) transfer a little bit of money to your bank account to get you outta the negative.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
And even if your bank account is overdrawn in the next 50 minutes the overdraft fee isn't processed until like the middle of the night.  So you still have plenty of time to deposit the money.  That's the way Wells Fargo works & I'm sure most banks are the same.

·
Registered
36,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheCoolest said:
You don't have online banking? If you did you could have say your mom (if she has the same bank as you) transfer a little bit of money to your bank account to get you outta the negative.
Well I don't want to tell my mom at all.
I'd rather just take the charge tbh.
I get paid thursday night anyways..

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
why the hell do you bank so far away from where you live?

you can usually dispute the charges. But you do have to take this into consideration next time you buy something. A LOT of transactions won't go through for days after you place them. That is why you're supposed to fill out your transaction book and reconcile your accounts monthly.

·
Registered
36,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NickyEyes said:
why the hell do you bank so far away from where you live?

you can usually dispute the charges. But you do have to take this into consideration next time you buy something. A LOT of transactions won't go through for days after you place them. That is why you're supposed to fill out your transaction book and reconcile your accounts monthly.
its because the bank in my town is closed at 5pm ,and the only one open is in a Publix in the town over.
But it's an L, I'm taking the $36 charge and im gonna get bitched at by my parents.
This is the last thing I expected to happen cuz I check my account daily and could have sworn the company already charged me for what I bought..i guess not.
Lesson learned.

·
Registered
36,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ivy Crimson said:
DUDE i fucking hate it when they dont charge you asap, I was minus 30 dollars from a cab I used a week ago
i know right?

the unavailable balance fee is fucking $36 too. they raped me and i feel helpless basically lmao

·
Registered
29,631 Posts
This is why I keep a minimum of $100 in my bank account at all times... Trying to make it $1000 in the near future..

·
Banned
27,694 Posts
AshinKusher said:
I bought something online 5 days ago. It was only $24.
I check my account that night, and its $55 in there.
I take out $40.
I check it the next day, there's $15 left in there.
I don't buy anything for 3 days or so.
I check it today, I have - $12.50.
I call the bank.
Apparently the online store JUST charged my card, 5 days after I bought it.
Why the fuck would anyone do that.
So now I have cash money but my bank account is going to be overdrawn in 50 minutes.
The nearest bank to deposit money is 35 minutes away. It's 6:13, and I have to be there at 7pm or before.
My friend is busy for 10 minutes until he can take me.
I'm so fucked.

edit: on top of that, the bank i have to deposit it at, we don't even know where it's at for sure exactly, and looking at the google maps its further than I thought.
This reminds me of article 28 in the broke ***** theology, the quote goes
"Dont buy shit when you aint got shit!"

·
Registered
36,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
barrano247 said:
This reminds me of article 28 in the broke ***** theology, the quote goes
"Dont buy shit when you aint got shit!"
The thing is, I have like $25 in cash. I just don't have an open bank to deposit the money. It's not like I ran out of money, its just I got cash out when I didn't know that they didnt charge my account.
So that makes it even worse, because I HAVE the money to fix it, the bank is just fucking closed

1 - 20 of 39 Posts