Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Atlantic is going to try to milk B.o.B for as much as they can get. The Radio is going to love B.o.B this summer with that T. Swift single.

I doubt they want Lu and B.o.B competing for mainstream attention. Safest play is to fully back the horse that's going to bring in the most revenue.

Which means F&L II could very well fly under mainstream radars :slick:

Thank you B.o.b and your Hip Pop music!!!!

Lu about to drop a classic!!!

-Fuck Busy.

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
I hope F&L2 doesn't fly under mainstream radar

It is possible for the album to be great and still have mainstream success (The Cool)

·
Premium Member
92,840 Posts
LuMyself said:
Looks like Atlantic is going to try to milk B.o.B for as much as they can get. The Radio is going to love B.o.B this summer with that T. Swift single.

I doubt they want Lu and B.o.B competing for mainstream attention. Safest play is to fully back the horse that's going to bring in the most revenue.

Which means F&L II could very well fly under mainstream radars :slick:

Thank you B.o.b and your Hip Pop music!!!!

Lu about to drop a classic!!!

-Fuck Busy.

·
Registered
13,220 Posts
Atlantic can do whatever the hell they want with his albums. He always manages to deliver with those mixtapes tho. :datass:

·
Premium Member
92,840 Posts
deeky said:
not gunna happen buddy, lupe already has mainstream success- as does B.O.B. why would the label only want ONE?
B.o.B. will probably have more mainstream success. Just look at his features: Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, Chris Brown, and...Morgan Freeman.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Newlopw said:
I hope F&L2 doesn't fly under mainstream radar

It is possible for the album to be great and still have mainstream success (The Cool)
Yeah I agree. I didn't really mean it in that way. I meant basically I want an album that isn't just loaded with singles that can be picked to promote at any point which causes the album to lack cohesion.  I definitely want Lu to get some recognition though.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Atlantic wants singles more than anything, and B.o.B. is way better at getting chart toppers than Lupe. That being said, it might have to do with the fact that all of B.o.B.'s hits were meant for Lupe, so I wonder how much it has to do with the artist.

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
Dylan said:
That flew under the radar
Not it didn't

That album was huge in my school. I didn't even like Lupe back then. It was annoying how they all dick rode him in 08. The first time I heard HHSML was in class when a student played it and the whole class said STACK THAT CHEESE together lol

·
Banned
14,391 Posts
fitim29 said:
B.o.B. will probably have more mainstream success. Just look at his features: Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, Chris Brown, and...Morgan Freeman.

yeah i agree but skylar grey and trey songz aren't much better. what im saying is the label doesn't care if it has 1 mainstream artist- the more the merrier in their eyes

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
LuMyself said:
Yeah I agree. I didn't really mean it in that way. I meant basically I want an album that isn't just loaded with singles that can be picked to promote at any point which causes the album to lack cohesion.  I definitely want Lu to get some recognition though.
Oh I get you

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Newlopw said:
Not it didn't

That album was huge in my school. I didn't even like Lupe back then. It was annoying how they all dick rode him in 08. The first time I heard HHSML was in class when a student played it and the whole class said STACK THAT CHEESE together lol
Soulja Boy was the biggest thing at my HS back in 2007-2008 :bye:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
deeky said:
yeah i agree but skylar grey and trey songz aren't much better. what im saying is the label doesn't care if it has 1 mainstream artist- the more the merrier in their eyes

Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, and Chris Brown are huge names. Those alone scream mainstream attention. But you have to look at it from a business stand point. Promotion costs a lot. What's the point of fully promoting an artist who is certainly going to leave once his contract runs out? It'll just cause him to get big and later become competition.

Plus, Atlantic doesn't want to go through what they did with Lasers. Bad publicity is never good. Plus, it took forever. That whole time Lupe wasn't making them any money. Might as well bet the pot on someone who wants it, B.o.B

1 - 20 of 32 Posts