Kanye to The banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THRONE WATCH: The Jay-Z/Kanye West Roc-a-Fella/Def Jam/Roc Nation album, Watch the Throne, is off and running. Apple sold more than 150k on iTunes in the course of its first full day of exclusive release, and is now targeted to go "well over 500k" and more, pending its physical bow Friday (8/12), with many expecting street date violations during the week. Plenty of action to come on this one. It's also hit #1 in 23 countries on iTunes.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Imagine if they had a full physical release :fire:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
33,994 Posts
kidcudisdope said:
If it was a physical release, it would've done less. There would've been a leak weeeks ago.
leak makes no difference. the people who wouldnt pay for it would just torrent it either way
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kidcudisdope said:
If it was a physical release, it would've done less. There would've been a leak weeeks ago.
Well when I said it I meant in a perfect world where it wouldn't have leaked, and it benefiting from having a proper physical release.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
35,581 Posts
heartofalion said:
leak makes no difference. the people who wouldnt pay for it would just torrent it either way
not necessarily

some people (like me) would download a leak then forget about buying it since i already have the album.

Szohr said:
Well when I said it I meant in a perfect world where it wouldn't have leaked, and it benefiting from having a proper physical release.
then yea i would agree
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
33,994 Posts
kidcudisdope said:
not necessarily

some people (like me) would download a leak then forget about buying it since i already have the album.
but
it was up for download on torrenting site like 10 mins after it was released, so instead of buying, they would just torrent..common sense :dno:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And still, majority of sales come from physicals and a small percent comes from digital. Regardless of a leak I think a physical release would have propelled the sales quite a bit higher
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top