Kanye to The banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my Moms brother and his wife are getting divorced, they have 3 kids under 13, the 2 boys (13, 7) really look up to me, and I am like their idol for some reason. They live in Wales and Im in Ireland, but we are quite close to them and see them around 2 or 3 times each year, they come over for in summer and christmas. So the whole family (including wife) are comeing over next week and staying down the south for a week, but then my uncles wife is going back to wales, when my uncle and the kids come up to stay with us for a week. My whole family are really close, and I love my aunt very much as do the rest of the fam. But I just got told today they are seperating, and I am really hurt. Is she still my aunt? What do I say to the children to get their mind off things when they come up? The 2 younger kids don't really understand the severity of the situation and look forward to having 2 houses. Im pretty confused about this. In Ireland, divorce is extremley rare, and it is my aunt looking for the seperation, it came as a huge shock to my uncle. I consider him like a father to me, since my Dad died he has been one of the only real main male influences on me. So I feel very much involved in this. How do I take the kids minds off things and just try and help them have a nice 2 weeks with us? What is my aunt to me? is she still my aunt? Im really confused guys please help.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Not an expert, but my two cents:

1. She's still your aunt and always will be if you want her to be.  Right now things may be sensitive but over time you should be able to maintain a good relationship with both her and your uncle.

2. I think it's important to let the older kid especially know that you're there for him and this doesn't mean the end of the family (in the extended sense).  You're probably the most important family member for him right now outside of his parents.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
n385 said:
Not an expert, but my two cents:

1. She's still your aunt and always will be if you want her to be.  Right now things may be sensitive but over time you should be able to maintain a good relationship with both her and your uncle.

2. I think it's important to let the older kid especially know that you're there for him and this doesn't mean the end of the family (in the extended sense).  You're probably the most important family member for him right now outside of his parents.
Yeah, thanks. Im going to go over to wales to visit him in september and bring him to a soccer match, give him a nice day out. It so sad, 3 young kids, and a divorce. Wow I cant get my mind around that. Dosnt happen here in Ireland

1 - 3 of 3 Posts