Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's make this an open discussion because I don't want to jump to conclusions

So I'll just state the facts and you make your own conclusions

Kendrick/J Cole silent on current affairs (no new album coming). Only spoke on BLM when they were releasing albums

Jayz releases new BLM related song behind a tidal paywall.

Discuss

·
Banned
32,106 Posts
You make it sound like it's not an issue that black artists feel compelled to speak on because it's fucking wrong

·
Registered
23,765 Posts
or some artists feel the need to speak out on important matters

like people have always done in rap

for the past 20+ years

·
Registered
71,707 Posts
Let's not act like Cole and Kendrick suddenly switched their subject matter and out the blue started talking bout uplifting black people. This been they shit since day 1

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
postivedrizzy said:
Let's make this an open discussion because I don't want to jump to conclusions

So I'll just state the facts and you make your own conclusions

Kendrick/J Cole silent on current affairs (no new album coming). Only spoke on BLM when they were releasing albums

Jayz releases new BLM related song behind a tidal paywall.

Discuss
I know you're not used to Drake speaking up on important issues but can you please let other artists do it in peace
Thanks

·
Registered
29,216 Posts
youngnastyshawty said:
Let's not act like Cole and Kendrick suddenly switched their subject matter and out the blue started talking bout uplifting black people. This been they shit since day 1
Op hates Kendrick. Let's move on.

·
Registered
71,728 Posts
not sure why cole and kendrick have been quiet, probably just dont feel the need to reiterate things theyve said like a billion times already

Wasnt Jay at one of the deceased funeral or something idk, but he was doing something that was outside of promoting tidal(someone else can get me the info i have no clue) so its not like hes been competely ghost on all of it.

·
Banned
39,383 Posts
op salty that drake had someone else write a disingenuous letter for him and autographed it at the end.

drake the one tryna capitalize off black men getting murdered. dude literally played both sides of the fence, didnt say anything of worth

·
Registered
29,216 Posts
Singh94 said:
op salty that drake had someone else write a ungenuine letter for him and autographed it at the end.

drake the one tryna capitalize off black men getting murdered. dude literally played both sides of the fence, didnt say anything of worth
Why do you think Drakes letter was so ungenuine. He could of easily said nothing like he has in the past. I think he really cares. I wish it was in his music tho. It would make it a lot more interesting.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts