Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trolling aside for a moment, I am consistently impressed with Squadda B and Mondre MAN's output. Collectively and individually, they've crafted some of the most compelling hip hop that I've ever heard. However, they seem to be garnering less attention than I figured they would by now. What I'd like to know is if you've heard of them and what your thoughts are.

·
Premium Member
74,325 Posts
If you disrespect them ****** then ASAP Rocky is polishing his nadre. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plato said:
Average at best :dno:
The input is appreciated at any rate! I found everything about them to be chaotic and abrasive when I first checked them out, especially the bizarre vocal mix on some of their stuff. But I decided to revisit them later and something just clicked. Now it's all endearing to me. I haven't been this excited about hip hop in a long time.

·
Banned
3,273 Posts
Young Ignant Stacks said:
The input is appreciated at any rate! I found everything about them to be chaotic and abrasive when I first checked them out, especially the bizarre vocal mix on some of their stuff. But I decided to revisit them later and something just clicked. Now it's all endearing to me. I haven't been this excited about hip hop in a long time.
GOAT avy, by the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They've been putting out a lot if lowkey solo shit. It's spotty at best.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I like their style though. I think thy just have a lot of work to do development-wise. Ive never been about calling music wack or anything, this definitely isn't wack by any means. I think they're just young uses up are still perfecting their sound. I'm glad this got you excited about hip hop again my dude!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Plato said:
I like their style though. I think thy just have a lot of work to do development-wise. Ive never been about calling music wack or anything, this definitely isn't wack by any means. I think they're just young uses up are still perfecting their sound. I'm glad this got you excited about hip hop again my dude!
I wholeheartedly agree, I think the looseness of their delivery (and presentation) is a double-edged sword in a way. While it's what initially sets them apart from the rest of the up-and-coming artists, it also prevents them from attaining a larger fanbase. I think with the backing and marketing of a solid creative team (think OF or ASAP Rocky) and a little smoothing over they could capture a huge niche audience.

They've already proven to be tastemakers, Rocky and Danny Brown shout them out in every other interview it seems.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree, I think the looseness of their delivery (and presentation) is a double-edged sword in a way. While it's what initially sets them apart from the rest of the up-and-coming artists, it also prevents them from attaining a larger fanbase. I think with the backing and marketing of a solid creative team (think OF or ASAP Rocky) and a little smoothing over they could capture a huge niche audience.

They've already proven to be tastemakers, Rocky and Danny Brown shout them out in every other interview it seems.
They definitely are starting to garner a buzz, I've seen threads about them and, like you said, guys like ASAP Rocky & Danny Brown are shouting them out. I'm guessing someone is goin to take an interest in their movement eventually and help guide them. Kinda like how Plain Pat helped guide Kid Cudi to success.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts