Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 577 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,154 Posts
Been thinking bout going Muslim tbh the idea of having group of virgin bitches waiting for me when I die don't sound bad at all
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... DEICIDE LP said:
why did you leave the faith ?
Realized it's man-made after studying the scriptures. The Quran is not a divine entity that is perfect, which transcends time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,129 Posts
6th said:
Realized it's man-made after studying the scriptures. The Quran is not a divine entity that is perfect, which transcends time.
You still believe in Allah though ? Had the same thoughts you had but my anthropology background reminded me that language is not divine and doesn't transcend time.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Super Mane said:
Been thinking bout going Muslim tbh the idea of having group of virgin bitches waiting for me when I die don't sound bad at all
Lmao
you can become a Muslim and follow the cherry-picked version of Islam if it will contribute something positive to your life :dno:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
... DEICIDE LP said:
You still believe in Allah though ? Had the same thoughts you had but my anthropology background reminded me that language is not divine and doesn't transcend time.
Are you a Muslim? But if Allah is not capable of making his scriptures clear to mankind, then it is not my fault that my logic and reason won't allow me to believe in an ideology such as Islam. See when you bring up contextualization arguments, you forget that this is a supposed to be a scripture from a divine, who is all-knowing and all-powerful. I'm sure if Allah was even real, he wouldn't punish me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,526 Posts
6th said:
Seriously? When did you denounce your faith?
Here's how the initial process took place in my head: Y'know how people always call out Mohammed for being a pedo 'cause he fucked with a 8-13 year old (depending on who you're listening to) girl named Aisha? It's true, it's in a bunch of hadiths and stuff, so you can't try to explain your way out of that. But I always thought, those were different times, it was acceptable and shit to do that, plus he wanted to build a bond with Aisha's father Abu Bakr.

But then I was like, hold up. Mohammed and his religion claim that the morals he built up were examples set for the ages; you're supposed to follow his example to the ultimate road of goodness, no matter the time. So how can you try to excuse him for that just 'cause it was a different time when it's supposed to be something that every good Muslim should emulate? That shit ain't right. And once you shake up the fact that he wasn't as morally righteous as the religion claims he was, the whole thing comes down like a house of cards.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,154 Posts
6th said:
what are your current religious beliefs?
I believe there is a god(higher power) and that's all tbh I don't have a religion I just follow my own beliefs. I sometimes get to thinking our consciousness is our own God and shit. The universe is so vast and deep it's so many possibilities
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,129 Posts
6th said:
Are you a Muslim? But if Allah is not capable of making his scriptures clear to mankind, then it is not my fault that my logic and reason won't allow me to believe in an ideology such as Islam. See when you bring up contextualization arguments, you forget that this is a supposed to be a scripture from a divine, who is all-knowing and all-powerful. I'm sure if Allah was even real, he wouldn't punish me.
I am. I don't believe in institutional religion though, and I let no one manipulate me. Pharaohs did the jews dirty, Nero did Christians dirty, Pilgrims did ****** dirty. I keep to myself.

I think a big part of faith is the doubt, it would be too easy if Allah made it so you wouldn't be able to not believe in the Quran, empiric proof and faith are not compatible in my opinion. But I respect yours.
 
1 - 20 of 577 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top