Kanye to The banner

Should parents of today be a bit more forceful with their children?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
105,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday, I was in my history class (I'm a Junior, but I had to take a Sophomore class because I took the former class in 10th grade year), when a parent comes into the class, because the teacher wants to let her observe how one of the students (her son) acts.

When I see her sit down in one of the desks, I'm expecting the kid to act good and whatnot, what someone would normally do around their parents. WRONG! Dude pretty much acts the EXACT SAME WAY he does any normal day. Not only does the teacher have to constantly reprimand the child, but the parent DOES NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!

So the lunch bell rings and everyone goes off to lunch, and I see the mom quietly tell the son "You shouldn't do that" , yada yada.  And I'm like, "Finally!"

Lunch ends and the parent comes back with us to the classroom.  And you know what happens? THE KID STARTS IT UP AGAIN!  AND SHE DOES NOTHING! AGAIN!

So, my overall question is, are parents of today not forceful enough? Are they so worried about being their childrens "friends" that they completely let them walk over them?

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
I don't think every child should be raised the same way. They're children, not prison inmates.

As parents they should know what it takes to keep their child in line, whether it be beating them, verbal abuse, molestation, etc.

·
Registered
40,410 Posts
Physical discipline isn't the answer, in my honest opinion. Hitting a child isn't going to make him/her stop whatever wrong actions they're doing; the answer lies in both verbal warnings and the repercussions that follow it. If a child continues to behave improperly, then take away shit he/she likes. Spanking them in the ass isn't gonna work.

G

·
If I did that my mom would back hand me in the face lol

Youre almost guaranteed to get displined a few times in your life if your mom isn't white

·
Banned
38,358 Posts
in Just-
              spring      when the world is mud-
              luscious the little
              lame balloonman

whistles      far      and wee

and eddieandbill come
              running from marbles and
              piracies and it's
              spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
              old balloonman whistles
              far      and      wee
              and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
              spring
              and
                  the

goat-footed

balloonMan      whistles
              far
              and
              wee

·
Banned
105,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FashionExpert said:
Physical discipline isn't the answer, in my honest opinion. Hitting a child isn't going to make him/her stop whatever wrong actions they're doing; the answer lies in both verbal warnings and the repercussions that follow it. If a child continues to behave improperly, then take away shit he/she likes. Spanking them in the ass isn't gonna work.
True, but this parent wasn't doing ANYTHING to correct her childs actions. It was disrespectful to the teacher and everyone in the class.

·
Banned
10,446 Posts
FashionExpert said:
worked for me

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
Hell yeah they are. Back in the day, even just when i was young but not as much, kids knew that if they fuck around theyd get smacked. Kids get way too much slack today

·
Banned
17,963 Posts
ShatteredWorld said:
Some kids are just that bad :dno:
My school you would get a few referrals, then in school suspension for that period, then the whole day, then out of school, and then they would just take you from the class.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.