Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new macbook pro, so needless to say, there's nothing on it. My buddy mentioned i could find applications like CS5 and microsoft office on Torrent. Is this safe? Also, are there any other applications I should look into for music or art?
Thanks in advance
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,966 Posts
TerrorEra said:
I just got a new macbook pro, so needless to say, there's nothing on it. My buddy mentioned i could find applications like CS5 and microsoft office on Torrent. Is this safe? Also, are there any other applications I should look into for music or art?
Thanks in advance
Yes man, it's safe. Mac's rarely get malware but make sure you read the comments and see the ratings before downloading. Isohunt is best for that. Oh and I recently downloaded CS5 and it worked fine!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evel Kanyevel said:
Yes man, it's safe. Mac's rarely get malware but make sure you read the comments and see the ratings before downloading. Isohunt is best for that. Oh and I recently downloaded CS5 and it worked fine!!
can you possibly give me a link to it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,966 Posts
TerrorEra said:
can you possibly give me a link to it?
I downloaded a trial off adobe, then used these instructions to make it the full version. Just do exactly what they say and it'll work fine.

Installation Instructions:

To install

1.) De-compress the file

2.) Mount "Photoshop12LS1.dmg"

3.) Locate and click on the file "Install" on the image

4.) Select trial installation and install

5.) Quit photoshop if it opens after launch

6.) Open the 'Terminal' application and paste in the following:

sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts

7.) Enter your password and a text document will pop open

8.) Paste in the following between 127.0.0.1 localhost and 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com

9.) Save the hosts document (command+s)

10.) Run the following in terminal to flush your cache:

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

11.) Reopen Photoshop and enter the serial

1325-0621-9125-0765-3648-0614

12.) You're done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,984 Posts
Evel Kanyevel said:
I downloaded a trial off adobe, then used these instructions to make it the full version. Just do exactly what they say and it'll work fine.

Installation Instructions:

To install

1.) De-compress the file

2.) Mount "Photoshop12LS1.dmg"

3.) Locate and click on the file "Install" on the image

4.) Select trial installation and install

5.) Quit photoshop if it opens after launch

6.) Open the 'Terminal' application and paste in the following:

sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts

7.) Enter your password and a text document will pop open

8.) Paste in the following between 127.0.0.1 localhost and 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com

9.) Save the hosts document (command+s)

10.) Run the following in terminal to flush your cache:

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

11.) Reopen Photoshop and enter the serial

1325-0621-9125-0765-3648-0614

12.) You're done
:huh: :mindfk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evel Kanyevel said:
I downloaded a trial off adobe, then used these instructions to make it the full version. Just do exactly what they say and it'll work fine.

Installation Instructions:

To install

1.) De-compress the file

2.) Mount "Photoshop12LS1.dmg"

3.) Locate and click on the file "Install" on the image

4.) Select trial installation and install

5.) Quit photoshop if it opens after launch

6.) Open the 'Terminal' application and paste in the following:

sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts

7.) Enter your password and a text document will pop open

8.) Paste in the following between 127.0.0.1 localhost and 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com

9.) Save the hosts document (command+s)

10.) Run the following in terminal to flush your cache:

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

11.) Reopen Photoshop and enter the serial

1325-0621-9125-0765-3648-0614

12.) You're done
dude thank you so much
now what about that hosts file. can i get rid of it? what happened with that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,975 Posts
Evel Kanyevel said:
I downloaded a trial off adobe, then used these instructions to make it the full version. Just do exactly what they say and it'll work fine.

Installation Instructions:

To install

1.) De-compress the file

2.) Mount "Photoshop12LS1.dmg"

3.) Locate and click on the file "Install" on the image

4.) Select trial installation and install

5.) Quit photoshop if it opens after launch

6.) Open the 'Terminal' application and paste in the following:

sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts

7.) Enter your password and a text document will pop open

8.) Paste in the following between 127.0.0.1 localhost and 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com

9.) Save the hosts document (command+s)

10.) Run the following in terminal to flush your cache:

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

11.) Reopen Photoshop and enter the serial

1325-0621-9125-0765-3648-0614

12.) You're done
When you say 'Paste in the following between 127.0.0.1 localhost and 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost' and then all that other stuff, what exactly do you mean? cause i don't want to get it wrong, not sure if i'm just being dumb.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,966 Posts
Judas said:
When you say 'Paste in the following between 127.0.0.1 localhost and 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost' and then all that other stuff, what exactly do you mean? cause i don't want to get it wrong, not sure if i'm just being dumb.
I mean after it says 127.0.0.1 localhost, paste those things
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,966 Posts
Judas said:
Alright cheers, just making sure like.
Lol no probs :)
TerrorEra said:
Wait are there any other applications I should get?
Office for mac is pretty good. Facetime was out recently which is brilliant!
Other than that, IDK atm. I made a thread asking for software recommendations and got like no replies :(.
Hope that helps anyway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Evel Kanyevel said:
Lol no probs :)Office for mac is pretty good. Facetime was out recently which is brilliant!
Other than that, IDK atm. I made a thread asking for software recommendations and got like no replies :(.
Hope that helps anyway!
I thought facetime on a mac was just video chat? If not, do i have to download it? or is it an auto update
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,966 Posts
TerrorEra said:
I thought facetime on a mac was just video chat? If not, do i have to download it? or is it an auto update
No no, you gotta download it off apple. It's really good, you get calls and everything!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Watch what tracker you use. Malware can still infect Mac's. Right now, black hats have as much incentive, if not more, to exploit flaws in OSX

btw, malware isn't limited to what OS you have nowadays. Rootkits and whatnot are evolving.

If you didn't know, Intel bought McAfee.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top