Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple has consistently been securing exclusive content, like Drake's latest album "Views", Taylor Swift's "The 1989 World Tour" concert film and music videos from The Weeknd and Eminem. In a new feature from Rolling Stone, Larry Jackson, Apple Music's head of original content, said the goal of securing that exclusive content is to put the service "at the intersection of all things relevant in pop culture."

However, Apple's strategy hasn't always worked out. Jackson says the company was in talks to host Kanye West's "The Life of Pablo." West eventually pulled out of talks to put his album on rival service Tidal, which he co-owns with Jay-Z. He chose Tidal over Apple Music because he "wanted to work with his friend," according to Jackson. While Kanye West initially said the album would "never" appear on Apple Music, the album did eventually come to the service.
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/06/28/apple-music-exclusive-content-mtv-80s/

INB4 'Ye has a stake in Tidal so he was profiting by putting TLOP on there' :jordanlaff:

Not when Apple would've given him a multi-million dollar deal :mm:

·
Registered
19,198 Posts
The fact that Kanye had talks to host TLOP on apple even though he has a share on Tidal is an L for Jay Z as well as their 'friendship'.

·
Premium Member
59,845 Posts
loyal to a friend who didn't come to your wedding

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ViewsSoFar6 said:
The fact that Kanye had talks to host TLOP on apple even though he has a share on Tidal is an L for Jay Z as well as their 'friendship'.
They would've offered him way more money than he would've gotten from being a streaming exclusive on TIDAL. And if you read the article, they would've funded his music videos as they did with Drake and The Weeknd. Not to mention that Kanye has a fascination with Apple and there's a chance they would've helped develop his app, fund his fashion shows etc. It's not just about the music.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
When I was negotiatin' with Apple, it was Larry and me. Told Tim Cook to call me, I was scary to see

1 - 20 of 183 Posts