Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to create a poll??

Well i cleverly or for some NOT so cleverly changed the name from All of the Lights to ALL OF THE ARTISTS, to represent the new version.

Did you guys like the older leaked version better, the one where its just
Kanye West (Feat: Tony Williams) - All Off the Lights

Or

Do you guys like the NEW leaked version better, the one with Kanye West (Feat. John Legend, The-Dream, Ryan Leslie, Tony Williams, Charlie Wilson, Elly Jackson, Alicia Keys, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Rihanna & Elton John)

Clearly once the song got leaked Kanye decided to change up the song completely, which explains the 30+ mixes? So my question is, did you like the older AOTL and the direction it was going or do you like the new AOTA and the direction its going?? This in no way is supposed to be a thread for us to fight but instead im really curious which one you like better. I personally thought AOTL was going to be my favorite song this year and was even partying to the leak convincing people that when the song is finished, it is going to be the best song this year, you wont be able to go anywhere without hearing it. After Kanye made the tweet "I aint going to let a leak stop me from releasing AOTL as the next single" (Paraphrasing) i knew he was going to change the song up BIG. Then i heard the song on Runaway and with the movie scene i was thinking "man this song sounds amazing and epic, wish i could hear more of it". Now i got the leak that is 5min long, as much as it saddens me to say this, i really dont like the song that much i actually am not sure if i could even say i like it, im more leaning towards to disliking it completely. Rihanna not only gets realllly annoying to me after the beginning but also completely changes the mood this song gave me. I used to want to party listening to the song and could NOT WAIT until i can drive fast with the song bumping and my adrenaline going and having this song get me in my zone to party hard. Now i dont know what mood this song gives me but it surely isnt a song thats getting me ready to party and have a good fun raging time. This you guys have to understand is a HUGE for me and i couldn't be more excited to get another song to do that for me. I was imagining bumping Power and AOTL back to back partying and having my adrenaline going. Then not only does Rihanna annoy me BUT Fergies part is completely random and doesn't go with the songs theme. For a guy that makes amazing HOOKS, he lets me down here. There is also WAY too much going on for me to be able to even pat attention to anyone else in the song. Im sorry but this for "me"  went from being one of the most exciting tracks to get to being a track im getting annoyed of playing because i keep thinking if i listen to it more maybe il start liking it. The old AOTL had over 50 plays in in the first days and i still love it.

So i want to hear which one you guys like better and tell me why. Please dont come in here and run your mouths
Because here in this forum... it don't add inches to your dick. You get a life ban for it.!!!!!!

(Tribute to Frank Costello in The Departed)

For comedy relief 

:stronger:

Il be keeping an  :joe: on the trouble makers.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YoungMoney said:
Ghetto University FTW.
I enjoy that one alot more then i do the NEW aotl. My favorite is actually the version with Drakes verse thrown together with Kanyes original aotl leak. I would say its the one i bumped the most.

·
0 Posts
SideWays408 said:
I enjoy that one alot more then i do the NEW aotl. My favorite is actually the version with Drakes verse thrown together with Kanyes original aotl leak. I would say its the one i bumped the most.
I played it over 2k times. No lie.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YoungMoney said:
I played it over 2k times. No lie.
Not on the first day right?? lol

Yeah if your talking about all together then yeah i believe you. I would not be surprised if you have even more then that, because i easily have more then 2k plays on that song by now. Its constantly on and i play it all throughout the day plus when i do my at home exercise i put that song on repeat.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lupicc said:
You shouldn't have listened to the leaks
It didnt ruin the song for me though. I would not like the new AOTL either way except if i didnt listen to the leak i never would have gotten the amazing leak with ghetto university smashed together. Why rob myself of one of my favorite songs, just cause its a leak??

·
Premium Member
19,871 Posts
SideWays408 said:
Not on the first day right?? lol

Yeah if your talking about all together then yeah i believe you. I would not be surprised if you have even more then that, because i easily have more then 2k plays on that song by now. Its constantly on and i play it all throughout the day plus when i do my at home exercise i put that song on repeat.
wow, people really listen to music like this? no wonder the album's all played-the-fucked-out by the time you by it. i downloaded Monster and So Appalled when they first came out. even without really thinking they were going to make the album, off the record for hype tracklisting alone i've only listned to these songs like 10 times each all the way through (maybe less.) shit, most of the new Kanye stuff (everything from Power forward) i've tried to listen to once in a while so i don't burn myself out on it. i'm glad i didn't bump the shit out of any of his newer songs. i wouldn't have much to look forward to by the time the 22nd rolled around.

(oh, and i haven't heard the new version yet, but i really liked the one with the Drake snippet added in. it sounded so ferocious and hype once Drake started spitting. i wish this would've been the final even though i haven't played the new one yet.)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i can't believe you are wasting your time writing about it, you have to put it though your head that it killed ALL THE HYPE:( i love kanye n i know this could be not the final but wtf is this a track remixed 33 times and still sound boring? it's just a mesh of everyone

I thought you're gonna say "All of the ASS"

·
Premium Member
19,871 Posts
Salsation said:
i can't believe you are wasting your time writing about it, you have to put it though your head that it killed ALL THE HYPE:( i love kanye n i know this could be not the final but wtf is this a track remixed 33 times and still sound boring? it's just a mesh of everyone

it wasn't remixed 33 times, meaning there probably isn't 33 versions of this song. if you've ever mixed music, you'd know how much of a pain-in-the-ass process it can be. to have to perfectly arrange all those levels, instruments, vocals, effects, etc. would be a giant time-consuming thing. add a perfectionist producer and 11 famous people and i'm sure you're going to get a shit ton of mixes. i don't even know how he'd be able to pick a final version. seems like his mind would've melted by then.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
crackadon said:
it wasn't remixed 33 times, meaning there probably isn't 33 versions of this song. if you've ever mixed music, you'd know how much of a pain-in-the-ass process it can be. to have to perfectly arrange all those levels, instruments, vocals, effects, etc. would be a giant time-consuming thing. add a perfectionist producer and 11 famous people and i'm sure you're going to get a shit ton of mixes. i don't even know how he'd be able to pick a final version. seems like his mind would've melted by then.
true...maybe we expect too much from him at this point

·
Premium Member
19,871 Posts
Salsation said:
true...maybe we expect too much from him at this point
shit, we all do. it sucks when you get really good, creative, inventive at something; a sort-of double edged sword. it gets to a point where the material you've created in the past has been so good that most will expect nothing but the best from you. in all actuality, it must suck to be Kanye right now. there's no way he'll be able to please everyone. i'm just going to try to genuinely give his new album a completely open set of ears. i'm sure we'll enjoy MBDTF in the end (well, i hope so!)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crackadon said:
wow, people really listen to music like this? no wonder the album's all played-the-fucked-out by the time you by it. i downloaded Monster and So Appalled when they first came out. even without really thinking they were going to make the album, off the record for hype tracklisting alone i've only listned to these songs like 10 times each all the way through (maybe less.) shit, most of the new Kanye stuff (everything from Power forward) i've tried to listen to once in a while so i don't burn myself out on it. i'm glad i didn't bump the shit out of any of his newer songs. i wouldn't have much to look forward to by the time the 22nd rolled around.

(oh, and i haven't heard the new version yet, but i really liked the one with the Drake snippet added in. it sounded so ferocious and hype once Drake started spitting. i wish this would've been the final even though i haven't played the new one yet.)
Each his own bro, i dont think about burning myself out on a song if i really like it. I dont even see the point of worrying about it.  having 5 hours of music joy at once or having 5 ours of music joy separated, its all the same to me. He released Monster and So Appalled, himself. I dont see why you wouldn't bump it now?? Your one of the people that can get burnt out on songs, so i can understand your idea behind it. You dont want to get burnt out on the songs now, so you can wait and get burnt out on official release?? I personally dont see the logic in it but you know better then i do about how you can enjoy your music. I personally have music going 90% of the time when im in my room, only time i turn it off is if im watching a show or a movie and even then as soon as it goes to commercials i take pause off. Then add to that, that im the type of guy that gets REALLY into the things i like, my friends for instance say that i get "Nerd Obsessions" for random things. Which basically means when i like something, i NEED to know everything about it, listen/watch/play it as much as my schedule can allow me and THEN some and i also have to own everything of whatever "IT" is. Kanye and Kid Cudi are 2 of my music Nerd Obsessions, so i basically have to listen to them constantly, ESPECIALLY their new material. But im also incredible honest with what i like and i most of all KNOW what i like and i can tell you AOTA isnt it. For the most part i dont get burnt out on songs unless its a song that has something really annoying about it. Even though i bumped the shit out of Mojo So Dope and Wylin Cuz im young, i am still excited to hear those songs when they come on as im driving. Plus i was SUPER excited to see how he was going to improve on a song that i already thought was amazing+unfinished, i never would have imagined that he could make me not like it. But i guess when you add 11 more features, you are trying pretty hard to do that. lol

If you like the drakes Aotl version (Ghetto university) i imagine that you wont like the new one as much. You might still like it, but i just think not as much.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Salsation said:

You cant believe that im using (not wasting) my time writing about one of my favorite artists song that i was extremely excited for, in a DISCUSSION forum that is based on that artist??? You must not believe that the grass is green then. im sorry but im not going to give you any more of my time. You dont seem worth talking to (Brain wise) and are the type of person i was hoping NOT to attract in here. But i knew that was just an impossible dream.

·
Premium Member
19,871 Posts
SideWays408 said:
Each his own bro, i dont think about burning myself out on a song if i really like it. I dont even see the point of worrying about it.  having 5 hours of music joy at once or having 5 ours of music joy separated, its all the same to me. He released Monster and So Appalled, himself. I dont see why you wouldn't bump it now?? Your one of the people that can get burnt out on songs, so i can understand your idea behind it. You dont want to get burnt out on the songs now, so you can wait and get burnt out on official release?? I personally dont see the logic in it but you know better then i do about how you can enjoy your music. I personally have music going 90% of the time when im in my room, only time i turn it off is if im watching a show or a movie and even then as soon as it goes to commercials i take pause off. Then add to that, that im the type of guy that gets REALLY into the things i like, my friends for instance say that i get "Nerd Obsessions" for random things. Which basically means when i like something, i NEED to know everything about it, listen/watch/play it as much as my schedule can allow me and THEN some and i also have to own everything of whatever "IT" is. Kanye and Kid Cudi are 2 of my music Nerd Obsessions, so i basically have to listen to them constantly, ESPECIALLY their new material. But im also incredible honest with what i like and i most of all KNOW what i like and i can tell you AOTA isnt it. For the most part i dont get burnt out on songs unless its a song that has something really annoying about it. Even though i bumped the shit out of Mojo So Dope and Wylin Cuz im young, i am still excited to hear those songs when they come on as im driving. Plus i was SUPER excited to see how he was going to improve on a song that i already thought was amazing+unfinished, i never would have imagined that he could make me not like it. But i guess when you add 11 more features, you are trying pretty hard to do that. lol

If you like the drakes Aotl version (Ghetto university) i imagine that you wont like the new one as much. You might still like it, but i just think not as much.
oh shit, i can totally relate to the "nerd obsessions" thing. ever since see me now/wylin cuz i'm young came out, i've been all over Kanye's new shit. my girl complains about this problem to me, that i get way too hyped on shit once i discover something new (a band, an album, an artist, a movie, a skate video, a shoe, etc.) wow, the way you described it is exactly how i go through things, i research the hell out of it once i find out about it. and it's not necessarily that i play songs out real quick or anything, i just genuinely miss the album listening experiences i had when i was in high school (early 2000s) i once ditched school to go get Wu-Tang's Iron Flag and i listened to the whole thing without knowing any of the songs. i miss that "everything is new" listening experience, ya know? i know it's the internet age and everything is so easy to get, but i'm just trying my hardest to stay away from leaks. i just want at least a semi fresh bump session when i get MBDTF.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
crackadon said:
oh shit, i can totally relate to the "nerd obsessions" thing. ever since see me now/wylin cuz i'm young came out, i've been all over Kanye's new shit. my girl complains about this problem to me, that i get way too hyped on shit once i discover something new (a band, an album, an artist, a movie, a skate video, a shoe, etc.) wow, the way you described it is exactly how i go through things, i research the hell out of it once i find out about it. and it's not necessarily that i play songs out real quick or anything, i just genuinely miss the album listening experiences i had when i was in high school (early 2000s) i once ditched school to go get Wu-Tang's Iron Flag and i listened to the whole thing without knowing any of the songs. i miss that "everything is new" listening experience, ya know? i know it's the internet age and everything is so easy to get, but i'm just trying my hardest to stay away from leaks. i just want at least a semi fresh bump session when i get MBDTF.
Haha i love being the type of person that gets nerd obsessions. It  makes me miss the things i have nerd obsessions for so when i finally get to watch/have/listen-to it i get super happy. I can spend hours researching the thing im nerdly obsessed with and not get bored at all. I went through a nerd obsession phase with Scrubs, to the point where i ordered all 8 seasons at once on the internet and then when season 9 came out, even though i dont like that season cause the cast changes, i still went out to 3 different stores looking for it. Same thing with Nip/Tuck except that it also became a weekly religion. I would get a bottle of vodka, expensive glass of ice, make sure my room is clean and if possibly invite my friend mike over to share the experience. I would seriously do this over ANYTHING else on that day, it became priority over even hanging out with a group of girls. I also watched EVERY single audio commentary on all the seasons, with Scrubs that is a shit load of Audio Commentaries and i watched all the bonus features. To put is bluntly, i pretty much watched every video i could find for all my obsessions and i would be completely happy doing it. The same goes for music which is why i can listen to a song for a long time and still be excited to hear it. I thought my friend was a genius when he told me that i can have Nerd Obsessions without the actual thing being classified as nerdy. I guess i just never thought about it that way, and had no clue how to describe/explain/classify my fascinations with these really random subjects.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts