Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder why he had to choose Rihanna to be on the hook, i think keri hilson or MJB would have been much better on this track, rihanna is too overpresent right now, she just takes away the unikeness of the song

Dont hate on my opinion

·
Registered
880 Posts
spooky86 said:
I wonder why he had to choose Rihanna to be on the hook, i think keri hilson or MJB would have been much better on this track, rihanna is too overpresent right now, she just takes away the unikeness of the song

Dont hate on my opinion
rihanna on a song = hit

Proof: Love the Way you lie, run this town, any of her songs

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
75,270 Posts
Kanye needs a hit single. And Rihanna is the perfect one at the moment. So that's why. And second of, so is it good that he made a song with her. But yeah I know what you mean.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Keri Hilson is good, but she has been sucky lately. And people do not know here name nearly as well.
MJB is nice for an old school feel, so she would not fit AOTL. This song is futuristic and Epic. Her voice is not as anthemic as Rihanna's. We are not in the 90s either.

Rihanna's voice was MADE for the radio, and anything she touches is golden. On hip-hop hooks she is masterful (i.e Run This Town, Live Your Life, Love the Way You Lie) She is God of the radio right now and has been for a while. He needs a hit. She will help with that.

G

·
Common said:
Keri Hilson is good, but she has been sucky lately. And people do not know here name nearly as well.
MJB is nice for an old school feel, so she would not fit AOTL. This song is futuristic and Epic. Her voice is not as anthemic as Rihanna's. We are not in the 90s either.

Rihanna's voice was MADE for the radio, and anything she touches is golden. On hip-hop hooks she is masterful (i.e Run This Town, Live Your Life, Love the Way You Lie) She is God of the radio right now and has been for a while. He needs a hit. She will help with that.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay i think some of you guys didnt get my point. i have absolutely nothing against rihanna or the version with rihanna i just think she wasn the perfect choice for this song in the long term.

rihanna had a hit voice - no doubt - but her voice uses to annoy you by the 10th. time you hear a song...
this masterpiece of beat deserves a singer of its caliber i think. rihanna has a cool voice etc. but her voice runs over so much computer programms and vocoders that it looses a lot of power.

it definately will work and hit the charts but i would have prefered a stronger singer on the hook

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think he should've done something left field. Rihanna by now is a predictable choice. I think he should've gone with Janelle Monae. Janelle Monae is fresh, ridiculously talented and has a voice that was made for radio. Maybe it's just my frustration with the fact that she's not a bigger artist, but seriously Kanye, you should know about fresh. Monae is the future of R&B and hip hop.

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
they are close and its guaranteed popularity. wish he wouldve picked someone else though as itll bring in all the teenage girls now. but itll be good medicine for them to hear actual music  for once.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
spooky86 said:

Dont hate on my opinion
LMAO KERI 'FLOP' HILSON OVER RIHANNA?? MJB IS ALRIGHT, BUT TOO R&B FOR A SONG LIKE THIS..

RIHANNA IS THE PERFECT CHOICE. 'RUN THIS TOWN'? 'LIVE YOUR LIFE'? SHE'S THE ULTIMATE COLLABORATOR AND NO ONE DOES IT LIKE HER.

LIVING LEGEND

1 - 20 of 35 Posts