Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://theringer.com/drake-chance-the-rapper-millenials-a3d59f1c3477#.m7cftp25r

I read this article and it got me thinking. There's like two sub generations of millennials now. Like you got the mid 20s-early 30s generation who are 90s kids and you got the 15-20 year olds who are like early-2000s kids. I think there's definitely a huge difference between the two age groups, yet we're all considered millennials.

Like look at the rappers in both age groups. Drake and Rocky and Kendrick and Cole and all those dudes who are getting up to 30 are pretty steak and potatoes rappers. But the 19 to 23 year olds are weird as fuck. Young Thug, Yachty, Uzi, Travi$. All those guys were raised on the same shit i was. But my brother who's 25 was raised on the same shit Drake and Kendrick were, and i think the music made by people of those two age groups reflects what and who those generations are.

Idk i just think it's really interesting. PS i'm really high so if these seems like rambling that's why.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Universe said:
They're weird and cringe ag
i'm not really talking about how good they are i'm mainly talking about what they represent. because that's the current youngest generation of rappers whether you like it or not, and they definitely represent they times they grew up in and live in now.

·
Registered
23,241 Posts
Music wise I fuck with both sides of that generation gap. It doesn't matter if it's from my generation. If it's good I like it.

As far as interacting. I relate to the older generation more. I just turned 21 and talking with people in their late 20's is a lot easier for me than younger ones. I'll take to a kid in high school today and it's like talking to an alien. Maybe it's all POV but high schoolers today just be cringy af and just be doing the most savage shit like it's casual. They're numb to everything and everyone.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
The fact that there are people old enough to have a driver's license but too young to have grown up watching DBZ is upsetting and confusing.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
MechanicalWall said:
The fact that there are people old enough to have a driver's license but too young to have grown up watching DBZ is upsetting and confusing.
our gen grew up w/ naruto

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MechanicalWall said:
i remember they had reruns of dbz in the early 2000s, one of my childhood friends was obsessed with it. we'd always watch it and play Budokai 3 with his brother, but yeah i wasn't alive for the original US airing

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Kakarot said:
i remember they had reruns of dbz in the early 2000s, one of my childhood friends was obsessed with it. we'd always watch it and play Budokai 3 with his brother, but yeah i wasn't alive for the original US airing
Budokai 3 :ffpu:

1 - 20 of 143 Posts