Kanye to The banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips?

Bought 3 cans today cuz I wanna dip my rims, any advice?

I've seems pretty much every tutorial on YouTube, just want some real time feedback

How long did it take to finish? Did you use more than 3-4 coats? Etc

·
Registered
40,935 Posts
I asked the same thing awhile back but about plasti dipping a whole car. Really just follow the YouTube videos tbh. There's some account of some dude who owns/works with a plasti dip company who gives tutorials.

·
Registered
73,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THIZZ said:
I asked the same thing awhile back but about plasti dipping a whole car. Really just follow the YouTube videos tbh. There's some account of some dude who owns/works with a plasti dip company who gives tutorials.
Precciate it fam

The only thing that scares me is getting the dip on the calipers/brakes, but hopefully he bags do the trick

·
Registered
40,935 Posts
omocruz said:
Precciate it fam

The only thing that scares me is getting the dip on the calipers/brakes, but hopefully he bags do the trick
I think the better solution would be taking them off and spraying them. But good luck. I've actually been thinking about doing it too my wheels too. Also maybe my grill/bumper

·
Premium Member
32,376 Posts
omocruz said:
Precciate it fam

the bag works. i did mine like that because i was too lazy to remove the wheels.

i actually used the same brand he is using in the video.

one thing that is common is to put index cards around the wheel so you dont spray the tire or other areas. not sure why he aint do that. just make sure its not windy cuz it will blow right off. takes a while to get them set up

·
Registered
41,592 Posts
omocruz said:
Precciate it fam

How much did the spray cost you? Been thinking about doing this

·
Registered
73,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+ HovToThe said:
the bag works. i did mine like that because i was too lazy to remove the wheels.

i actually used the same brand he is using in the video.

one thing that is common is to put index cards around the wheel so you dont spray the tire or other areas. not sure why he aint do that. just make sure its not windy cuz it will blow right off. takes a while to get them set up

:khaled2: I was gonna do that too, how long did it take you to finish all 4 rims?

·
Premium Member
32,376 Posts
omocruz said:
:khaled2: I was gonna do that too, how long did it take you to finish all 4 rims?
not even two hours i think. i rushed it tho cuz i had plans with my family and was going out. even then it came out pretty good. just make sure each coat you do spreads evenly and follows the same flow.

·
Registered
73,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+ HovToThe said:
not even two hours i think. i rushed it tho cuz i had plans with my family and was going out. even then it came out pretty good. just make sure each coat you do spreads evenly and follows the same flow.
:salute:

·
Premium Member
32,376 Posts
omocruz said:
if you care about the looks, remove the wheels. it does make the job easier and gives you more space to work with.

i have access to all the tools in the world and i was still too lazy lol

what car you got ?

·
Registered
73,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+ HovToThe said:
if you care about the looks, remove the wheels. it does make the job easier and gives you more space to work with.

i have access to all the tools in the world and i was still too lazy lol

what car you got ?
Mazda 3

One of my uncles is like really handy and shit so I was thinking of getting him to take the wheels off for me and I just paint the rims, but idk when he'd have time

·
Premium Member
32,376 Posts
omocruz said:
Mazda 3

One of my uncles is like really handy and shit so I was thinking of getting him to take the wheels off for me and I just paint the rims, but idk when he'd have time
well unless you have four jack stands its gonna take a long time to do each wheel. gotta remove and paint one wheel at a time while one jack holds up the side with no wheel. then on to the next side

so the bag trick is your best bet

·
Registered
73,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
+ HovToThe said:
well unless you have four jack stands its gonna take a long time to do each wheel. gotta remove and paint one wheel at a time while one jack holds up the side with no wheel. then on to the next side

so the bag trick is your best bet
How did you clean the wheel?

·
Premium Member
32,376 Posts
omocruz said:
How did you clean the wheel?
i didnt lol. my wheels are old so i aint bother. cant even tell that dirt is trapped. wheels are very easy to clean if they are new/good condition. simple soap and warm water and a little scrubbing. no need for extra shit

·
Registered
73,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+ HovToThe said:
i didnt lol. my wheels are old so i aint bother. cant even tell that dirt is trapped. wheels are very easy to clean if they are new/good condition. simple soap and warm water and a little scrubbing. no need for extra shit
:khaled2: Good looks fam, Imma try to get this done during the next week

1 - 18 of 18 Posts