Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
STVKLD said:
got this since last year and noticed it when i was going to sleep

since i hear this fuckin noise permanently but i learned to not focus on this

when going to sleep i hear it
this was bothering me at first but now i sleep pretty well
How long did it take u to adapt? Do u ever hear it over other noises like when outside/ talking to someone? How has it affected ur music listening?

·
Registered
26,737 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
Does it never bother u to the point where u feel depressed about it?
Nah. Like I said I've had it for as long as I can remember and up until very recently thought it was something completely normal that everyone had. I became so used to it that it got to the point where I didn't even notice it unless I was consciously thinking about it. When I found out what it really was it wasn't like some big blow to me or anything I was just like "oh alright".

·
Registered
23,491 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
How long have yall had it for?

A lot of people in real life told me they had it for a few months then it went away

People online say they had it for a long long ling time, i guesd thats why they r on the internet
I’ve had it for as long as I can remember I thought it was normal lol doesn’t really bother me I just got used to it

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
ANTI. said:
Nah. Like I said I've had it for as long as I can remember and up until very recently thought it was something completely normal that everyone had. I became so used to it that it got to the point where I didn't even notice it unless I was consciously thinking about it. When I found out what it really was it wasn't like some big blow to me or anything I was just like "oh alright".
Damn i guess thats a positive for you. So u never notice it unless u consciously think about it. What happens after u listen to loud music or go to a conert eg? And when ur alone in silence, can u still not hear it? Final question, can u ever hear it when ur in public/with people/doing something?

Thanks fam

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Dante. said:
I’ve had it for as long as I can remember I thought it was normal lol doesn’t really bother me I just got used to it
Damn i guess thats a positive for you. So u never notice it unless u consciously think about it. So im guessing urs isnt loud. What happens after u listen to loud music or go to a conert eg? And when ur alone in silence, can u still not hear it? Final question, can u ever hear it when ur in public/with people/doing something?

Thanks fam

·
Registered
26,737 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
Damn i guess thats a positive for you. So u never notice it unless u consciously think about it. What happens after u listen to loud music or go to a conert eg? And when ur alone in silence, can u still not hear it? Final question, can u ever hear it when ur in public/with people/doing something?

Thanks fam
It doesn't get louder or more intense after listening to loud music or anything. I mean something definitely happens to my ears after a concert but I don't think it's any different from any other person (could be wrong there too), but the tinnitus itself isn't affected. And yeah, the only time it's even remotely prevalent is when I'm alone and there's complete complete silence. Like right now I'm just sitting typing on a computer and the only sound is my keyboard typing, the occasional car driving by and a cricket outside chirping in the distance and I still can't hear it. And I never hear it in public because there's really never any complete silence in public.

·
Registered
23,491 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
Damn i guess thats a positive for you. So u never notice it unless u consciously think about it. So im guessing urs isnt loud. What happens after u listen to loud music or go to a conert eg? And when ur alone in silence, can u still not hear it? Final question, can u ever hear it when ur in public/with people/doing something?

Thanks fam
I only hear it when I’m trying to go to sleep that’s when its the most silence so it’s noticeable. It doesn’t happen every night though it really comes and goes but I’ve had it for years. I laid off listening to those in-earphones because that really triggers it if I listen too loud. For the most part I never notice or focus on it because daily life is so noisy it drowns out you know.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
ANTI. said:
It doesn't get louder or more intense after listening to loud music or anything. I mean something definitely happens to my ears after a concert but I don't think it's any different from any other person (could be wrong there too), but the tinnitus itself isn't affected. And yeah, the only time it's even remotely prevalent is when I'm alone and there's complete complete silence. Like right now I'm just sitting typing on a computer and the only sound is my keyboard typing, the occasional car driving by and a cricket outside chirping in the distance and I still can't hear it. And I never hear it in public because there's really never any complete silence in public.
Damn bro thats dope for u man! I can hear mine right now, im in the same scenario as u, on my computer, hear the wind and cars but i can still clearly hear mine. Has ur’s always been this tone? Or was it louder earlier in ur life etc?

Again sorry for these constant questions fam. I appreciate u

·
Registered
26,737 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
Damn bro thats dope for u man! I can hear mine right now, im in the same scenario as u, on my computer, hear the wind and cars but i can still clearly hear mine. Has ur’s always been this tone? Or was it louder earlier in ur life etc?

Again sorry for these constant questions fam. I appreciate u
I really don't know if it's changed. If it has it's been a very slow, gradual change to the point where I couldn't notice.

And no problem.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
How long u had it for bro? Does it affect ur daily life? Ever been depressed about it?
i've had it since i was at least 15 i think, I used to always fall asleep with earphones in and rolling around would randomly boost the volume.
When im talking to people they just sound like they're mumbling or the words blur together unless I really focus (the volume isn't changed), I can barely hear anybody in the front seat of cars if i'm in the back unless they turn their head towards me.

I dont think it affects my depression, that's from other things.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Lowell said:
i've had it since i was at least 15 i think, I used to always fall asleep with earphones in and rolling around would randomly boost the volume.
When im talking to people they just sound like they're mumbling or the words blur together unless I really focus (the volume isn't changed), I can barely hear anybody in the front seat of cars if i'm in the back unless they turn their head towards me.

I dont think it affects my depression, that's from other things.
Damn man. I hope shit gets better for us. How old are you now? Do u hear it constantly? When ur alone can u always hear it? Have u learnt to ignore it to the point where u dont even notice it? Break down ur situation a little more for me please bro. I really appreciate it

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
Damn man. I hope shit gets better for us. How old are you now? Do u hear it constantly? When ur alone can u always hear it? Have u learnt to ignore it to the point where u dont even notice it? Break down ur situation a little more for me please bro. I really appreciate it
21. I dont hear it unless im alone/nobody is making any sound, so I guess I've come to ignore it. It's hurt my study a little because I can't concentrate with music on. It's especially annoying when im reading in silence.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Lowell said:
21. I dont hear it unless im alone/nobody is making any sound, so I guess I've come to ignore it. It's hurt my study a little because I can't concentrate with music on. It's especially annoying when im reading in silence.
Damn thats great that u cant hear it when ur with people/busy. Got a couple more question i hope u dont mind answering bro.

1) do you hear it everyday? I know u said u dont hear it when ur with people, but when ur alone, do u hear it everyday?

2) how hard was it to accept it, accept not hearing pure silence again?

3) when listening to loud music, loud noises etc, does it make it worse? Do u consiously try to avous loud things to protect ur ears? Doesnt that automatically divert ur attention to the tinnitus then? Lmao i hope u get what i mean

Any other info u wanna post or and helping words, please share bro. Best of luck

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
Damn thats great that u cant hear it when ur with people/busy. Got a couple more question i hope u dont mind answering bro.

1) do you hear it everyday? I know u said u dont hear it when ur with people, but when ur alone, do u hear it everyday?

2) how hard was it to accept it, accept not hearing pure silence again?

3) when listening to loud music, loud noises etc, does it make it worse? Do u consiously try to avous loud things to protect ur ears? Doesnt that automatically divert ur attention to the tinnitus then? Lmao i hope u get what i mean

Any other info u wanna post or and helping words, please share bro. Best of luck
1) Yes I hear it every day, especially when i'm alone. Especially noticeable if I have my headphones on without playing anything.

2) Not that hard, It's a mistake I know that will affect in me in the long run but I find solitude in other things

3) Yes listening to loud music for extended periods of time definitely makes it worse for a litte. I try not to go as loud anymore, I used to use music to 'block out the world' but now its more like accompanying my day. Tinnitus is definitely not always on my mind even if I do hear it, i've accepted it as part of my life.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Lowell said:
1) Yes I hear it every day, especially when i'm alone. Especially noticeable if I have my headphones on without playing anything.

2) Not that hard, It's a mistake I know that will affect in me in the long run but I find solitude in other things

3) Yes listening to loud music for extended periods of time definitely makes it worse for a litte. I try not to go as loud anymore, I used to use music to 'block out the world' but now its more like accompanying my day. Tinnitus is definitely not always on my mind even if I do hear it, i've accepted it as part of my life.

Im glad its getting better for you bro. Mine is LOUD atm, espeically my left ear. Its ringing like crazy. But atm im stressing a lot, got a lot of things on my mind. Was yours ever Loud enough where u could hear it over normal noises?

Any tips u’d like to offer btw? Surely it gets better over time.

Thank you again my bro

·
Registered
22,596 Posts
There's always been a faint ringing in my ears. Very faint but it's there when it's silent.
idk if it's tinnitus or if it's normal because it's been this way for as long as I can remember :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
SlitheringPotter said:
Im glad its getting better for you bro. Mine is LOUD atm, espeically my left ear. Its ringing like crazy. But atm im stressing a lot, got a lot of things on my mind. Was yours ever Loud enough where u could hear it over normal noises?

Any tips u’d like to offer btw? Surely it gets better over time.

Thank you again my bro
Sometimes I do zone out with ears ringing louder than normal but its only for like 5 seconds. I'm not sure about tips, it was never bad enough that I got too concerned. I suppose just look for things to distract yourself. Use speakers if you're alone if you can over headphones I suppose.

Good luck

41 - 60 of 100 Posts