Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe not *way* better, but noticeably better. I am going off the movie and not the real album and obviously they will be different, but based off the movie...Dark Fantasy is top 10 material, one of his best lyrically for me, Gorgeous is really good, Blame Game has potential to be incredible, AOTL obviously...and then Lost in the World, which I think could be his best song ever. And the songs we have already heard may be even better since they are being changed for the album (some more than others I guess).

I mean this stuff feels like it is on another level of good. Not to downplay the other four albums, I mean obviously those are very good works, Grammy winners, CD getting album of decade, etc....but when I heard Dark Fantasy and the rest of the stuff, I was thinking this is just totally different and better.

I would actually go as far as saying, and this will upset a lot of people and that's ok feel free to disagree, I think this album will certain tracks from the other albums look silly...just like damn, we knew he was good, but THIS?

Maybe I just have new material syndrome, but man, I think this has greatest hip-hop album of all time potential.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i cannot explain how excited i am for this album. so many new members are doubting kanye, yet they need to realize that he NEVER disappoints. i can guarantee there will be multiple moments on this album that will give me goosebumps. i dunno why but i think musically kanye is at the best he has ever been. creativity wise and talent wise.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tengo78 said:
i cannot explain how excited i am for this album. so many new members are doubting kanye, yet they need to realize that he NEVER disappoints. i can guarantee there will be multiple moments on this album that will give me goosebumps. i dunno why but i think musically kanye is at the best he has ever been. creativity wise and talent wise.
Word.

G

·
The only tracks I'm really not feeling are So Appalled and Monster....I mean I like those tracks but not as album tracks...I mean the quality of the other tracks blew my mind and makes those tracks sound outdated....With that in my mind Late Registration, The College Dropout and 808's had no fillers at all so I don't know if I consider this my favorite Kanye album but it'll definitly have some of my favorite Kanye songs....

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UltraKid said:
The only tracks I'm really not feeling are So Appalled and Monster....I mean I like those tracks but not as album tracks...I mean the quality of the other tracks blew my mind and makes those tracks sound outdated....With that in my mind Late Registration, The College Dropout and 808's had no fillers at all so I don't know if I consider this my favorite Kanye album but it'll definitly have some of my favorite Kanye songs....
Agreed on the first part for sure, frustrated if those two aren't changed up

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
does anyone else hate that every video you watch of kanye you always see those comments on how they miss the old kanye and that he used to been better. it really ticks me off and i don't know why so many people are agreeing  :rage:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Wake Up Mr. West said:
does anyone else hate that every video you watch of kanye you always see those comments on how they miss the old kanye and that he used to been better. it really ticks me off and i don't know why so many people are agreeing  :rage:
People change, it's not an uncommon thing in life.
But it general, it's youtube, most comments are annoying.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wake Up Mr. West said:
I know exactly what you are talking about. I hate all the dudes on there like "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I miss CD where he actually made good hip-hop! Its like just STFU and appreciate progression. Fucking old ass dudes thinking they are the shit and scoffing at teenagers who THEY THINK can't appreciate the older stuff.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
UltraKid said:
Yeah okay.... Monster is not album track..... is you smokin reefer?

LR and CD do have filler tracks. One or two, but they do have them. Monster is not even CLOSE to filler. So Appalled I would prefer off the album like you, but that is not filler either. It fits better with WTT...unless Ye adds like one or two more verses.

I don't really like posse cuts on Kanye albums, or that many features in general.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Common said:
EDIT: I thought you were saying Monster wasn't on the album.

I still agree with the other guy, snippets of almost everything in the film >>> Monster, easily.

G

·
Common said:

LR and CD do have filler tracks. One or two, but they do have them. Monster is not even CLOSE to filler. So Appalled I would prefer off the album like you, but that is not filler either. It fits better with WTT...unless Ye adds like one or two more verses.

I don't really like posse cuts on Kanye albums, or that many features in general.
The production on Monster is nowhere near as good as the production of the other tracks plus there's waaaay too many features on that track....Late Registration and The College Dropout had no fillers....

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Probably if were just going off the movie and songs we've heard I think Kanye is at his best musically at the moment.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Timesitheus said:
Maybe not *way* better, but noticeably better. I am going off the movie and not the real album and obviously they will be different, but based off the movie...Dark Fantasy is top 10 material, one of his best lyrically for me, Gorgeous is really good, Blame Game has potential to be incredible, AOTL obviously...and then Lost in the World, which I think could be his best song ever. And the songs we have already heard may be even better since they are being changed for the album (some more than others I guess).

I mean this stuff feels like it is on another level of good. Not to downplay the other four albums, I mean obviously those are very good works, Grammy winners, CD getting album of decade, etc....but when I heard Dark Fantasy and the rest of the stuff, I was thinking this is just totally different and better.

I would actually go as far as saying, and this will upset a lot of people and that's ok feel free to disagree, I think this album will certain tracks from the other albums look silly...just like damn, we knew he was good, but THIS?

Maybe I just have new material syndrome, but man, I think this has greatest hip-hop album of all time potential.
Completely agree with everythin here

·
Registered
837 Posts
I dont think anything will top GITD and Graduation Era Ye' he was just on another level then,hardly any features on that album and thats the way it should be,I think Ye' is doin too many collabos lately especially for the album

1 - 20 of 31 Posts