Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shit is pretty fucked.. Anyone realize that rappers have jumped on Lex Luger's sound.. It's being done by the biggest artists & producers right now.. Shit is fucking annoying to me, it shows no originality.. First Kanye & Jay Z with 'H.A.M'.. Then Lil Wayne with 'John'..

These are just two of the biggest examples.. No emotion what so ever..'That shit goooo hard as fuck son'.. Really bitch, really.. Make real music, not something that make you look cool, well to me it looks funny & makes me cringe.. Despite this, i'm sure ya'll heard 'Illest Motherfucker Alive' from WTT..

That track has the same sort of sound as H.A.M just that it's fucking emotional.. I would call that a good track.. I see what Kanye is trying to do.. Mix the two sounds of going hard & being emotional.. That would be fine by me.. Well that was my little rant, but damn shit is really weak..

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ecabney said:
Game is the king of hopping on trends. Martians vs Goblins sounds exactly like a OF joint
Yeh true but still.. I'm not talking about that trend.. Three of the biggest artist in hip hop have jumped on that lex luger trend..

G

·
This shit's been happening since November 2010 tbh :kanyeshrug:. The only explanation is that there's a high demand for trap-like beats for some reason.

G

·
Fuck_Normality said:
Not by the biggest rap artists..
Wayne, Jay and 'Ye were already known for utilizing the "Imma go hard I have alot of money and shit" style, I guess they recognized trap beats sounding better to use for those kinda songs.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mordeaci said:
Wayne, Jay and 'Ye were already known for utilizing the "Imma go hard I have alot of money and shit" style, I guess they recognized trap beats sounding better to use for those kinda songs.
Ye?? Only for his singles.. But there's like 3 tracks on WTT that are like that..

·
Registered
25,649 Posts
Been like this since summer of 2010, dawg.

Lex has been on everyones mixtape. This has been relevant.

Southisde & Lil Lody > Lex Luger

Lex only made two hot beats. W/o Tay Beatz he's not that good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts