Banned
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you regret?
What should we do better with our time?

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Don't have regrets, do it now. You may be older but you're not obsolete.

How I'd like to be when I'm 50. I'm 23.

·
Banned
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you are young you do
not realize this that healing times become slower because you no longer have growth hormone.

25 years up slope growth, then 50 years down slope to death.
The first 25 are a blur of trying to figure out all out and grow up. You have survived the dangerous childhood illnesses and not died in an accident.

The next 25 are a blur of work and career, raising kids, compromising at marriage, life, solving problems, building equity. You
are generally healthy, but over the course of this 25 years, you will slow down, and things do not heal as fast the olderr you get, so you slow down some more.

By 50 you are just tired. And you are
facing the last years of your life, tired. All the stuff you dreamed about really does not seem important any more. You will
start to have annoying aches and pains out of nowhere, and occasional serious health problems, one of which will at some point kill you. The best things now
really are eating, sleeping and taking a nice poomp, a nap, peace and quiet.

You are reverting to childhood and then perhaps babyhood. You do get the benefit of less anxiety about the future, because your future is short now. If you made it to 50, it's because you have not died in an accident yet.
- Someone from another forum.

·
Banned
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fucqueen said:
Relax yourself asking other people how to live is lame and mistake number one
I don't wanna know what to do, i wanna know what not to do.

·
Banned
8,245 Posts
OVONinja said:
I don't wanna know what to do, i wanna know what not to do.
thats not what life's about at all, don't use a map of someone else, what are your goals , talents, plans , age?

·
Registered
41,074 Posts
OVONinja said:
What do you regret?
What should we do better with our time?
I'm close to turning 17 and I'd like some advice from the wisdom you have gained from 17-20. What do you regret and what would you have wished you knew. Thanks

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Do what makes you happy every day. Don't take other people's views and opinions of yourself personally. Be the best YOU you can be. We all end up in the ground anyway.

Forget the past, focus on the present, and look ahead to the future.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts