Kanye to The banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working out for a while and I still can't seem to get my chest bigger. I know I'm getting stronger because I'm lifting the same weights and doing the same ammount of reps of the guys I work out with and they're huge. We work out our chest twice a week and I take one protein shake before I work out and eat pretty healthy. I try to run about two miles a day too. If I could get any suggestions on what I should do wether it be eating or a different style of lifting would be greatly appreciated. I'm also 6'4 and 185lbs if that helps.

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
ECUBlueDevil said:
I've been working out for a while and I still can't seem to get my chest bigger. I know I'm getting stronger because I'm lifting the same weights and doing the same ammount of reps of the guys I work out with and they're huge. We work out our chest twice a week and I take one protein shake before I work out and eat pretty healthy. I try to run about two miles a day too. If I could get any suggestions on what I should do wether it be eating or a different style of lifting would be greatly appreciated. I'm also 6'4 and 185lbs if that helps.
1. make sure you're getting around 200g of protein per day and aim for around 3500cals/day.
2. what's your current routine?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work chest on Monday and Friday and do 3 sets of flat, incline, and decline bench then I do three sets of dumbbell flyes and then three sets of flat dumbbell press each 10 reps.

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
ECUBlueDevil said:
I work chest on Monday and Friday and do 3 sets of flat, incline, and decline bench then I do three sets of dumbbell flyes and then three sets of flat dumbbell press each 10 reps.
that's too much.  try this:
PradaG said:
Chest/Tris
Incline BB Bench; 4 sets; 12, 10, 8, 6
Flat BB Bench; 4 sets; 12, 10, 8, 6
Decline BB Bench; 4 sets; 12, 10, 8, 6
High Cable Flies; 3 sets; 10, 8, 8
Medium Cable Flies; 3 sets, 10, 8, 8
Low Cable Flies; 3 sets; 10, 8, 8
Weighted Dips; 3 sets to failure
Skullcrushers; 3 sets; 10, 8, 8
Rope Pulldowns; 3 sets, 10, 8, 8
once a week.

there's no need for both barbell and db press.  do one or the other.  rather than working chest twice a week, go as hard as you possibly can on the one day that you do it.  if your lifts are going up, but you're not building mass, it's because you're not getting enough rest.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never thought about it being that I haven't been getting enough rest. I appreciate your help though I'll have to try that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts