Kanye to The banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How about that Syd Field book? I've read half of it and I find it pretty helpful when coming up with a standard three act screenplay.

·
Registered
25,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, I know who he is. He came out to SF a few years back but my car decided to be a Civic that day and I couldn't make it. Have you read Godard on Godard? Great read, Joe.

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
DIAZ said:
They never tend to last.
:( i'm going to attempt to write something soon.  it's something i've never done before so i'm not sure how it'll turn out, but its something i've always been interested in doing...

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Came in to say "Story" by McKee...Joe delivered the goods.

Nick said:
:( i'm going to attempt to write something soon.  it's something i've never done before so i'm not sure how it'll turn out, but its something i've always been interested in doing...

Just write my man. The best thing you can do is write.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My Last Sigh is Luis Bunuel's autobiography- pretty good, straightforward and cool. Learned some funny shit, like the two actresses in That Obscure Object of Desire wasn't planned- it happened when the first actress dropped out.

Reading a book of Kubrick interviews lately. Amazing shit :psyboom:

I've read parts of Sculpting in Time, Tarkovsky's book, and Notes on the Cinematographer, which contain nuggets of wisdom and weirdness from Robert Bresson.

I've always wanted to read Kurosawa's autobiography- looks great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts