Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always wanted to get into it, but when you don't really live near a comic book store and can't drive it can make things hard lol.

Is it the type of thing you can just dive into if you know what type of superhero you like, or is there a certain way you should start?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yea, there nothing special. If the like a certain hero and you know some of there history then you can pretty much dive in anywhere.

Then again I mainly read indie books so :sonicshrug:

·
Premium Member
19,871 Posts
i have hundreds of comics from when i was little (Superman, Batman, Spiderman, X-Men, Wolverine, etc.) i spent a good 7-8 years not being into comics, but got re-into them a few years ago after reading Watchmen. i'm more into indie stuff or just different types of comics nowadays. superhero shit doesn't really do it for me anymore, but i'll check out some stuff if it's in a graphic novel and i know it's good. i guess it gets kinda old since they never end (the monthly ones.) some of my favorite writers are Alan Moore, Charles Burns, Frank Miller, Neil Gaiman, Peter Bagge, Daniel Clowes, Garth Ennis, Warren Ellis, Brian Azzarello, The Hernandez Brothers, etc.

some really good publishers are Vertigo, Fantagraphics, and Top Shelf. they put out nothing but quality.

OP, just know that there are many different types of comics out there: from superhero, to horror, to mystery, to indie, to fantasy/supernatural stuff, there's a lot to get into. i'd suggest you try to look up your nearest comic book store online and see what you like.

http://comicshoplocator.com/

i also check out comics from the library from time to time. you should try yours out to see if you might find some stuff you like.

·
Registered
45,933 Posts
i got a few comics with venom but mainly... Superman comics, Superman/batman. Teen Titans, Infinite Crisis, Superboy/Robin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts