Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really like to vent on forums or whatever, as this is my first thread even posted in the L&A section, so I'm hoping some of you could help.

I'm 16 and have been feeling shitty since March.  I apparently had a sinus infection and that shit really got me down as well as some other personal problems.  Basically it felt/feels like there is something stuck in my throat 24/7.  It's really bugging me, that dry, scratchy, something stuck feeling.  Anyways, I'm pretty damn sure that I am just suffering from an anxiety disorder and that its just tightness in my throat.  I also am prone to worrying about a ton of random ass shit that is ahead in the future.  I need KTT's help here, because I'm pretty sure there are some others out there that are like this.  If so, have you had the tightness/stuck in throat feeling, and how did you get passed it?  Also, where can I begin to making the anxiety worry shit stop?  Thanks KTT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,884 Posts
I don't have the throat thing but I too worry about A LOT of things, most of them being irrelevant. But how I get over those is by just thinking things through, thinking about the pros rather than the cons and just what good can come of things rather than the bad. Hope I can help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,663 Posts
this probably isn't the best advice, but i used to worry A LOT too and it works for me. now whenever i start worrying about something, i pretend like its not a big deal and pretend like i dont care even if i do at the time. every time it crosses my mind i remind myself its really not a big deal and everything will work out fine. soon enough you actually will start not caring about whatever it is.
 
G

·
i think i may have had the "tightness in throat" thing you're talking about. i would get it randomly whenever in a social situation sometimes, and whenever i swallowed it felt like there was a lump. i was able to get through it by just carrying a bottle of water with me at all times because drinking helped alleviate the feeling.

it stuck around for a little while during school, but it's gone now. hopefully it's just a phase for you as well and you'll get through it soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,595 Posts
Pyrolicious said:
Maybe you should take anxiety pills....
That's a very serious suggestion..

As far as OP, I've felt that tightness in the throat thing when I was dealing with stress at one point in time. I believe I was told that it was from stress and in time it went away. It felt like a lump, or some food in my throat that I couldn't swallow. Anyways, I eventually got through it. I'm not exactly sure when or how though.
 
G

·
Shy said:
That's a very serious suggestion..

As far as OP, I've felt that tightness in the throat thing when I was dealing with stress at one point in time. I believe I was told that it was from stress and in time it went away. It felt like a lump, or some food in my throat that I couldn't swallow. Anyways, I eventually got through it. I'm not exactly sure when or how though.
I dunno, I mean back when my depression was at its lowest, a doctor prescribed me anxiety pills and sleeping pills and they helped a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sami said:
i think i may have had the "tightness in throat" thing you're talking about. i would get it randomly whenever in a social situation sometimes, and whenever i swallowed it felt like there was a lump. i was able to get through it by just carrying a bottle of water with me at all times because drinking helped alleviate the feeling.

it stuck around for a little while during school, but it's gone now. hopefully it's just a phase for you as well and you'll get through it soon.
Yeah that's what I've been doing for a while now, just bringing some cold water with me.  It doesn't take the feeling away but stops it a ton.  I'd sure as hell hope its a phase, cause I don't want to have to sit through school with this shit again.  Do you remember how you got over it, did you just wake up one morning and it was gone or something?

Shy said:
That's a very serious suggestion..

As far as OP, I've felt that tightness in the throat thing when I was dealing with stress at one point in time. I believe I was told that it was from stress and in time it went away. It felt like a lump, or some food in my throat that I couldn't swallow. Anyways, I eventually got through it. I'm not exactly sure when or how though.
I agree with you, I'd prefer to not take anxiety pills.  I've just been hoping this feeling with go away, but if not I'll have to weigh in my options a little more.


And to the others that post thanks for the input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87,464 Posts
bacuds said:
I don't really like to vent on forums or whatever, as this is my first thread even posted in the L&A section, so I'm hoping some of you could help.

I'm 16 and have been feeling shitty since March.  I apparently had a sinus infection and that shit really got me down as well as some other personal problems.  Basically it felt/feels like there is something stuck in my throat 24/7.  It's really bugging me, that dry, scratchy, something stuck feeling.  Anyways, I'm pretty damn sure that I am just suffering from an anxiety disorder and that its just tightness in my throat.  I also am prone to worrying about a ton of random ass shit that is ahead in the future.  I need KTT's help here, because I'm pretty sure there are some others out there that are like this.  If so, have you had the tightness/stuck in throat feeling, and how did you get passed it?  Also, where can I begin to making the anxiety worry shit stop?  Thanks KTT.
Get your thyroid checked out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87,464 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
I don't think it's anxiety, he is getting anxiety from it
He said he was feeling something in his throat. Ur thyroid gland is in your throat and causes amxiety because it makes it harder to breathe if its overactive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
moans said:
answer this, did you feel anxiety (beyond a normal amount) before this throat thing or after?
I've felt the worrying anxiety part before, but the throat thing has kicked up a ton, making me worried about if I'm going to feel sick somewhere, etc.

 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top