Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally put my pride to the side and went to therapy for the first time today.. they just wanted to see where my head was at but the lady was strongly recommending antidepressants does anybody have any experience with antidepressants??? idk how I feel about relying on medication for my happiness, I'm not really for it but maybe someone can change my mind

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
i take anti depressants but they're more a supplementary thing than something to rely on

you have to improve yourself, the medication isn't going to do all the work for you. back in 2014, I was hospitalized and put into this recovery center that just happened to be like 3 minutes from my house and it really helped me a lot. I'm not sure if that's an option for you though since they put me in there because I attempted suicide

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Hell fucking no.

I was put on them things and they almost ruined my life.

Here's the deal man. You got one life to live, don't waste it being put into some zombie state. I wish I could get those years back.

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Was on anti depressants since 7th grade, got off them this year I'm in my 2nd year of college. Wasted a lot of time with symptoms I never had without the meds.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
DiFFERENCE said:
so I finally put my pride to the side and went to therapy for the first time today.. they just wanted to see where my head was at but the lady was strongly recommending antidepressants does anybody have any experience with antidepressants??? idk how I feel about relying on medication for my happiness, I'm not really for it but maybe someone can change my mind

I was on trial for a month but they didn't work; I decided after the trial that I didn't want to be looking for the right one and I didn't want to be on them either.

Although there were a few side effects...first few days it gave me a stomach ache and I kept clenching my jaw.

·
Banned
31,099 Posts
DiFFERENCE said:
She decided after one session to put you on them? Gtfo and find someone else and read reviews on the next one if you decide to go. I wouldn't start antidepressants after one session with a therapist. They fuck with your head and brain really badly. I stopped mine year(s) ago and feel fine.

·
Registered
15,711 Posts
SuqMaMIC said:
i take anti depressants but they're more a supplementary thing than something to rely on

you have to improve yourself, the medication isn't going to do all the work for you. back in 2014, I was hospitalized and put into this recovery center that just happened to be like 3 minutes from my house and it really helped me a lot. I'm not sure if that's an option for you though since they put me in there because I attempted suicide
Exactly this. Its a supplement. I take Zoloft and it works great for my anxiety/depression. It allowed me to get back into good habits like meditation which help immensely.

Also, counselling and therapy are great. Seek those and try to have a positive mindset if you're going to start SSRIs.

Of course, everyone is different and you may not react as I did. Give it a try tho and good luck!!

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
I saw some professionals a couple months ago and they wanted me to get tested for antidepressants
Like tested to see if I'm missing something in my brain like dopamine or serotonin

So anyway they kept me there because apparently I was a threat to myself and I got put in a room with a roommate
This guy was given anti depressants and anti psychotics for years and it didn't keep him from getting put back there
The doctors started giving me anti psychotics and I got really sick from the side effects and refused to take it
Next up was Prozac but I refused that too

Point is idk what it's liked because I only took them for a few days, but I've met a few people who took them for the longest and never truly got better
Maybe I'm a little ignorant on this subject tbh but I say don't waste your time

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Intriguing Penguin said:
She decided after one session to put you on them? Gtfo and find someone else and read reviews on the next one if you decide to go. I wouldn't start antidepressants after one session with a therapist. They fuck with your head and brain really badly. I stopped mine year(s) ago and feel fine.
yeah she told me "I'm really for medications and based off of these questions you answered you might wanna think about using them" and I told her I didn't wanna depend on them and she said the same thing the first dude who posted in here said, pretty much just trying to convince me.. she was chill but idk I was pretty sketched tbh

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zee deveel said:
I saw some professionals a couple months ago and they wanted me to get tested for antidepressants
Like tested to see if I'm missing something in my brain like dopamine or serotonin

So anyway they kept me there because apparently I was a threat to myself and I got put in a room with a roommate
This guy was given anti depressants and anti psychotics for years and it didn't keep him from getting put back there
The doctors started giving me anti psychotics and I got really sick from the side effects and refused to take it
Next up was Prozac but I refused that too

Point is idk what it's liked because I only took them for a few days, but I've met a few people who took them for the longest and never truly got better
Maybe I'm a little ignorant on this subject tbh but I say don't waste your time
thanks, ive heard similar stories that's why I'm sketched lol

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KELYE said:
I was on trial for a month but they didn't work; I decided after the trial that I didn't want to be looking for the right one and I didn't want to be on them either.

Although there were a few side effects...first few days it gave me a stomach ache and I kept clenching my jaw.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to everyone who replied, really helping with the decision.. I'll talk to some more people! but right now it looks like it's pretty much the same situation to everybody I talked to

·
Banned
31,099 Posts
DiFFERENCE said:
yeah she told me "I'm really for medications and based off of these questions you answered you might wanna think about using them" and I told her I didn't wanna depend on them and she said the same thing the first dude who posted in here said, pretty much just trying to convince me.. she was chill but idk I was pretty sketched tbh
I'd still be careful... I would see someone else just in case. I don't think you should be deciding to go on antidepressants within the first session - not even the first few, but I just have a high school psychology class degree, so I can't judge in full..

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Intriguing Penguin said:
I'd still be careful... I would see someone else just in case. I don't think you should be deciding to go on antidepressants within the first session - not even the first few, but I just have a high school psychology class degree, so I can't judge in full..
I'm gonna see how the next few go if I don't fuck with it then I'll just stop going and overcome it myself, fuck the bullshit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts