[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]​

- Called "The Big 3" because they're the three biggest mangas popularity-wise (duh), if you haven't already you should just check them out.

Dragonball
The same really, if you haven't already read it, do so asap.​

Other Manga, in no particular order

Battle Royale
[sub] Action, Psychological, Tragedy [/sub]​

[td]
Great Teacher Onizuka
[sub] Comedy, Drama, School Life [/sub][/td]
[td]
Slam Dunk
[sub] Sports, Comedy, Romance [/sub][/td]

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- The Story of a High School class taken to an island and being forced to participate in a "Battle Royale", only one student can survive the hellish 3 days, or they all will die. (gore) [/td]
[td]
- Ex-biker Eikichi Onizuka tries to change his life for the better and aims to be the greaest High School teacher in the world. [/td]
[td]
- Hanamichi Sakuragi, delinquent, joins the schools basketball club to try and win over the heart of a girl he just met. [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
Sun-Ken Rock
[sub] Action, Comedy, Drama [/sub][/td]
[td]
Liar Game
[sub] Drama, Mystery, Psychological [/sub][/td]
[td]
Kingdom
[sub] Action, Drama, Historical [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- A young japanese guy named Ken follows his big crush Yumin to Korea and wants to be a policeman to impress her. But things don't always go as planned, he finds himself as the head of a local gang and now has to deal with the business while still keeping his lie to Yumin intact. [/td]
[td]
- The story of an air headed and naive girl named Nao Kanzaki who is forced to play the Liar Game, where you can either earn 100 million yen if you win, or face much harsher consequences if you lose. [/td]
[td]
- Kingdom is the story of a young slave boy named Xin trying to reach his dream of becoming a great general of heavens. (gore) [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]
Fist Of The North Star
[sub] Action, Drama, Martial Arts [/sub][/td]
[td]
Berserk
[sub] Action, Tragedy, Adventure [/sub][/td]
[td]
Beck
[sub] Slice Of Life, Comedy, Drama [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- The story of Kenshiro, sucessor to the most powerful martial art in the world, and his adventure in a lawless, post-apocalyptic world. [/td]
[td]
- The Adventure of Guts, a swordsman cursed by a demonic mark which attracts monsters at night, seeking revenge against the man who did this to him. (gore) [/td]
[td]
- Yukio Tanaka, a pretty boring guy without hobbies, changes his life completely after he meets Ryusuke Minami who happens to be in a rock'n'roll band. [/td]
[/tr] [tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]
Vagabond
[sub] Martial Arts, Drama, Historical [/sub][/td]
[td]
Uzumaki
[sub] Horror, Psychological, Tragedy [/sub][/td]
[td]
Battle Angel Alita+Last Order
[sub] Action, Sci-fi, Drama [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- The retelling of the life of Miyamoto Musashi, perhaps the most famous and successful of Japan's sword fighters.(gore) [/td]
[td]
- A small town on the coast of japan is cursed. Not by a person but by a pattern: Uzumaki, the spiral. [/td]
[td]
- As a cyborg built from scrap found far below the utopian city of Tiphares, ALita deals with her life in a cruel world. [/td]
[/tr] [tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]
Holyland
[sub] Drama, Martial Arts, Psychological [/sub][/td]
[td]
Angel Densetsu
[sub] Action, Comedy, School Life [/sub][/td]
[td]
Rookies
[sub] Sports, Comedy, School Life [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- A young man without place in life tries to find his "Holyland" and eventually has to fight for it. [/td]
[td]
- Kitano Seiichirou has a difficult life. Although very kind by nature, he has a monstrous face which makes everyone else in school believe he's a terrible delinquent, and lands him in more trouble than one can imagine. [/td]
[td]
- Professor Kawato takes over the baseball club of a delinquent high school, where all members are rather interested in smoking and women than actually playing the game. Under his guidance the boys discover a new dream, the Koshien. [/td]
[/tr] [tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]
20th Century Boys
[sub] Drama, Mystery, Psychological [/sub][/td]
[td]
Psyren
[sub] Action, Supernatural, Adventure [/sub][/td]
[td]
Noblesse
[sub] Action, Drama, Supernatural [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- A group of friends are being drawn into a mysterious conspiracy that could threaten the world, and it all seems to connect to their past.[/td]
[td]
- A normal student gets randomly invited to participate in a game to death and tries to get out of that safe [/td]
[td]
- An old and powerful vampire awakes from a long nap. Clueless to the modern world he has to face various challenges, from eating ramen to fighting powerful enemies.[/td]
[/tr] [tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]
Tower Of God
[sub] Action, Supernatural, Mystery [/sub][/td]
[td]
The Breaker/The Breaker - New Waves
[sub] Action, Drama, Martial Arts [/sub][/td]
[td]
Akumetsu
[sub] Action, Comedy, Psychological [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- A boy chases after his lost female friend and lands in a tower, where he must face multiple challenges in order to finally meet her again. [/td]
[td]
- Shioon, a victim of constant bullying, seeks strength by learning an ancient martial art from his english teacher. A huge hidden world of martial arts opens up to him, where not everyone he'll meet is friendly. [/td]
[td]
- Akumetsu is the story of Shou, who defends his own view of justice in a vigilante manner while wearing a mask and calling himself Akumetsu. [/td]
[/tr] [tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]​

Cowboy Bebop
[sub] Action, Sci-Fi, Space Opera, Drama, Adventure [/sub]​

[td]
Samurai Champloo
[sub] Action, Adventure, Comedy, Samurai [/sub][/td]
[td]
Death Note
[sub] Thriller, Psychological, Supernatural, Detective [/sub][/td]

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- A classic sci-fi/action space opera following a group of bounty hunters as they journey across the galaxy chasing dangerous criminals to earn a living, whilst coping with their damaged pasts. [/td]
[td]
- A village girl hires two professional samurai to help her track down the mysterious "Sunflower Samurai". Combines elements of hip-hop and traditional Japan. [/td]
[td]
- A supernatural thriller revolving around a high school student who one day receives the Death Note, a book that can kill people by simply writing their names in it. He starts ridding the world of criminals, only to square off against the world's greatest detective, "L". [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
Clannad + Clannad After Story
[sub] Romance, Drama, Fantasy [/sub][/td]
[td]
Steins;Gate
[sub] Sci-Fi, Thriller, Comedy [/sub][/td]
[td]
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
[sub] Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Drama, Military [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- A romantic drama chronicling the lives of high school students as they fall in love, leading to an incredibly emotional downward spiral. Warning: bring tissues. [/td]
[td]
- A self-proclaimed mad scientist accidentally invents a time machine that can send SMS's back into the past. However, he soon falls victim to the butterfly effect and secret organizations as it changes the world forever. [/td]
[td]
- In order to bring back their deceased mother, the Elric Brothers perform dark, forbidden alchemy only to lose their bodies. Years later they join the military with the goal of restoring themselves and fighting a group of experimental mutants. [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
[sub] Mecha, Action, Adventure, Comedy [/sub][/td]
[td]
Monster
[sub] Mystery, Horror, Psychological, Thriller [/sub][/td]
[td]
Bakemonogatari
[sub] Mystery, Romance, Ecchi, Supernatural [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- In the future, mankind is forced underground by mutants. After a young boy, Simon, discovers a giant robot while digging, together with his "older brother" Kamina and a gunslinger named Yoko, they fight against the mutants to take back the surface. [/td]
[td]
- Dr. Kenzo Tenma is a respected neurosurgeon who makes a rash decision in operation one day that changes his life forever, and he is suddenly framed for murder. He goes on a journey through countries where he witnesses how dark the world can really be. [/td]
[td]
- Third-year student Koyomo Araragi survives a vampire attack, and his world is turned upside down with gods, ghouls, demons, and spirits when he meets and falls in love with Hitagi Senjougahara. [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
Neon Genesis: Evangelion
[sub] Mecha, Psychological, Action, Apocalyptic, Fantasy [/sub][/td]
[td]
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R1 + R2
[sub] Action, Mecha, Thriller, Psychological, Military [/sub][/td]
[td]
Yu Yu Hakusho
[sub] Action, Fantasy, Supernatural, Shounen [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- In an apocalyptic future where humanity lives in fear of giant celestial beings called "Angels", a whimpy teenager is forced to join NERV, a high-tech government project, and pilot a giant robot to battle the Angels. [/td]
[td]
- In a world overrun by the Britannian Empire, a young man acquires the power of Geass; the ability to control people's minds. He goes under the masked alias "Zero" to destroy Britannia. [/td]
[td]
- 14-year old Yusuke Urameshi, who died in an accident, is brought back to life as a Spirit Detective, and together with his comrades, must solve cases and compete in dangerous fighting tournaments. [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
Durarara!!
[sub] Action, Mystery, Shounen, Supernatural [/sub][/td]
[td]
Fate/Zero
[sub] Action, Fantasy, Supernatural [/sub][/td]
[td]
Madoka Magica
[sub] Magical Girl, Fantasy, Action [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- A teenager moves out to Tokyo for an exciting city life, only to witness the Black Rider on his first day; an urban legend about a headless biker. As more supernatural events begin to occur, more people get involved in the commotion. [/td]
[td]
- Seven masters summon seven ancient Heroic spirits to fight in a violent competition called "The War of the Holy Grail", which is said to grant a wish to the victor. [/td]
[td]
- A dissection of the magical girl genre in anime, a middle-school girl has an encounter with a mysterious creature that bestows her with magical powers. She meets other (quite damaged) magical witch girls along the way. [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
[sub] Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller [/sub][/td]
[td]
Aria The Origination
[sub] Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Drama [/sub][/td]
[td]
Baccano!
[sub] Action, Comedy, Historical, Supernatural [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- The continuation of the popular sci-fi anime film "Ghost In The Shell", it follows the life of female cyborg agent named Motoko Kusanagi as she gets involved in conspiracies, cyber-attacks, and illegal technology. [/td]
[td]
- Three girls have high hopes and dreams of becoming tour guides in their beautiful city, but have to rely on the help of different mentors in order to make them persevere. [/td]
[td]
- Spanning over several decades, this Tarantino-esque action-comedy tells the many stories of gangsters, thieves, alchemists, and immortal beings facing dilemmas in their professions. [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
Mushishi
[sub] Supernatural, Mystery, Fantasy [/sub][/td]
[td]
Gintama
[sub] Action, Comedy, Shounen, Fantasy, Sci-Fi [/sub][/td]
[td]

[sub] [/sub][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
- The discovery of strange life forms called "Mushi" compels Ginko to go around the country investigating them. Along the way he helps people who face supernatural problems. [/td]
[td]
- A sci-fi action-comedy, In feudal Japan overrun by invading aliens, a freelancer named Gintoki Sakata takes odd jobs fighting monsters, aliens, and the Yakuza, among others. [/td]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]​

Top 10 Anime Movies
Akira
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
5cm Per Second
Ghost In The Shell
Spirited Away
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
Grave Of The Fireflies
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
Evangelion 2.0

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The81Slouch said:
:wom:
that nba jam for snes >>>>>>>>>>
Yup saw it for cheap first thing I bought there

The81Slouch said:
and why the fuck you picked a colgate on an anime event? lolol
They gave it away for free, feel lame for keeping it but hey its free lol

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Mojo said:
No Samurai Champoo on that list? damn son.
Haven't finished it, so can't say. Liked from what I have seen though

·
Registered
42,115 Posts
Finish it, and have you watch Angel Beats? I thought that was really good too. Cried at the end.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Mojo said:
Finish it, and have you watch Angel Beats? I thought that was really good too. Cried at the end.
Naa, what type of anime is it? I will try to get to that. Just finished idly reading fourteen & gonna return to the original Macross series too

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Currently watching DBZ, not a huge anime fan but I only watched a few as a kid, so I'm watching the entire series.

There are some boring or pointless episodes, but its fun to watch (and easy to watch since the episodes are <20 mins).

·
Registered
42,115 Posts
TheWolvesDen said:
Naa, what type of anime is it? I will try to get to that. Just finished idly reading fourteen & gonna return to the original Macross series too
Uhm, a drama with comedy and action, i think that's how to describe it.

Nick said:
Currently watching DBZ, not a huge anime fan but I only watched a few as a kid, so I'm watching the entire series.

There are some boring or pointless episodes, but its fun to watch (and easy to watch since the episodes are <20 mins).
Should watch DBZ Kai. No filters.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Nick said:

I been doing that too, rewatching. Seeing problems I didn't before but enjoying it too. Where have you reached?

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
TheWolvesDen said:
I been doing that too, rewatching. Seeing problems I didn't before but enjoying it too. Where have you reached?
I'm on episode 26 - Goku is traveling back down Snake Way while everyone else is fighting Nappa and Vegeta; and Tien, Chiatzou, and Yamcha died.  I think Goku finally gets back in a few episodes which I'm pretty stoked about, because I'm sure some cool stuff happens.

I already know the overall story of the show - I've heard of the major bad guys, like Cell, Frieza, Majin Buu, etc from playing the game boy advance games when I was younger, but most of it is still new to me.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Nick said:
I'm on episode 26 - Goku is traveling back down Snake Way while everyone else is fighting Nappa and Vegeta; and Tien, Chiatzou, and Yamcha died.  I think Goku finally gets back in a few episodes which I'm pretty stoked about, because I'm sure some cool stuff happens.

I already know the overall story of the show - I've heard of the major bad guys, like Cell, Frieza, Majin Buu, etc from playing the game boy advance games when I was younger, but most of it is still new to me.
Ahh cool well post your impressions as you go through, I am on planet namek now lol. Thinking that the setting is dope but not welll used, cool to see the development of Gohan too

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Just saw the episode "Goku's Arrival" where Piccolo dies and Goku wrecks Nappa.  Probably the best episode of the show I've seen so far.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
WestFan said:
No Inuyasha? Bleach? Ghost In The Shell?

The fuck outta here.
Are you familiar with whats on my list?

I owe you Ghost in the Shell because thats a priority on my watch list. As for Bleach and Inuyasha, I am done with long series pretty much. I will make exceptions for a few but after doing the first half of Naruto with the exception of Slam Dunk I refuse to watch series that are over 50 episodes. Its exhausting personally. Not knocking Bleach, but truthfully I have a  bad stigma with Inuyasha.

Share your thoughts on it though, maybe that I have grown older I can look at that series with a different perspective.

·
Banned
12,349 Posts
TheWolvesDen said:
Are you familiar with whats on my list?

I owe you Ghost in the Shell because thats a priority on my watch list. As for Bleach and Inuyasha, I am done with long series pretty much. I will make exceptions for a few but after doing the first half of Naruto with the exception of Slam Dunk I refuse to watch series that are over 50 episodes. Its exhausting personally. Not knocking Bleach, but truthfully I have a  bad stigma with Inuyasha.

Share your thoughts on it though, maybe that I have grown older I can look at that series with a different perspective.
I see where you're coming from.

I've thought about watching every episode of the Naruto series, but I don't think I could sit there and do it.

I will, however, watch all of Bleach.

Inuyasha was a must watch for me.

I loved the first series, and when I found out they were doing another. I dropped everything I planned on doing for two days and watched it on Hulu.

1 - 20 of 179571 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.