Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming tracklist is real, are you angry that you've heard the content or are you angry at the content?

Personally, from what I've heard (GOOD Friday tracks, no leaks) I think the album is going to be fantastic.

Basically every single GF track has been killer in my opinion, even See Me Now I thought was a great casual/old school tune, despite y'all hating on it! :mad:

I think this forums reaction is OTT cause it's still gonna be a good album + you're still getting tons of good (GOOD!) music! Refer to http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=6044.0 for that point. :)

So, what's the problem?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
i dont think the content will live up to the hype. im sure the album will be good but im more dissapointed that so appalled and monster are on the album than anything.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
notNow said:
i dont think the content will live up to the hype. im sure the album will be good but im more dissapointed that so appalled and monster are on the album than anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
as i did with Kanye's previous albums, i don't listen to the snippets or leaks before the album releases. with his upcoming album, i did listen to "Power" & "Runaway" (VMA performance). I want to keep the excitement and i can't wait unti Nov 22! Some of you guys are here complaining about the tracks and hearing them before hand, and not gonna purchase the album now, why?

I'm pretty sure some were hyped as heck listening to the leaks he posted on his twitter and those GOOD Friday songs, but NOW you find out that they're on the album, you choose not to support? GTFOH.

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
I was angry cause I heard it lol - I loved every single of one of them though. They all have like 50+ plays on my iTunes, so I'm not worried about the quality of the album - it's just that I played it out before it's actually out. But the finished will be heavily modified I believe - and I guess it's my own fault for listening to the leaks lol...

·
Banned
1,675 Posts
I'm definitely not angry at the content. I'm angry that I've heard half of the content. He basically leaked half of his album early and then we pay for it.

Everybody is saying we got six songs for free, but think of it this way, we're pretty much paying for those songs when we buy the album, so they're techincally not free.

I think its really dissappointing to hear him dissappear for 6 months working on this album, and all we get is 12 tracks. I know the songs arew gonna be killer, but its so short...

·
Registered
830 Posts
micey. said:
as i did with Kanye's previous albums, i don't listen to the snippets or leaks before the album releases. with his upcoming album, i did listen to "Power" & "Runaway" (VMA performance). I want to keep the excitement and i can't wait unti Nov 22! Some of you guys are here complaining about the tracks and hearing them before hand, and not gonna purchase the album now, why?

I'm pretty sure some were hyped as heck listening to the leaks he posted on his twitter and those GOOD Friday songs, but NOW you find out that they're on the album, you choose not to support? GTFOH.
so you havent heard any good friday tracks?

this is why i'm mad, from people who have heard it supposedly this was hip hop album of the decade. We've already heard half the album:

Power
Runaway
Devil in a New Dress
So Appalled
See Me Now
Monster

That's half the album. From hearing half the album do you feel like this is the HALF best hip hop album of the decade? I dont think so.

p.s. im still buying it.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Linus said:
No one should be angry. It's the price you pay when you listen to leaked tracks.
its not even that because i havent listened to the leaks its the fact that he has released so many of the songs himself so obviously i listened to those. on top of that im not impressed by so appalled, monster or see me now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeezer Ebenezer said:
I'm definitely not angry at the content. I'm angry that I've heard half of the content. He basically leaked half of his album early and then we pay for it.

Everybody is saying we got six songs for free, but think of it this way, we're pretty much paying for those songs when we buy the album, so they're techincally not free.

I think its really dissappointing to hear him dissappear for 6 months working on this album, and all we get is 12 tracks. I know the songs arew gonna be killer, but its so short...
You don't know the length of the album. You can't say whether it's too short without track lengths.
The songs have been extended with musical differences. I don't know whether this is major or minor, but the songs we've received thus far will probably sound much more polished on the album.
All we get is 12 tracks? If he put out 4 tracks and said that's it, would you complain that we deserve more? Come on, Illmatic had 9 tracks and was a little over 40 minutes long. Not to mention the Good Friday tracks still to come.
Finally, for those still upset about the tracklist, it's subject to change, I don't know what else there is to say but wait until November 22.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Linus said:
Fair enough. For the officially released, I understand your point of view. But, you still made the choice to listen. Maybe there should have been a disclaimer.
ya it would have been nice to know that i mean i have only listened to diand and see me now a few times because i knew they would most likely be on the album its whatever though ill still buy it and it will still be a good album.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Leaks aside, I'm mad that kanye released half of his album a month in advance.  If the album was coming out like next week or something, it wouldn't matter so much.  And I'm a bit upset that there are only 12 tracks including the bonus.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts