Kanye to The banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DISCLAIMER: These playlists are partly based on my opinion, if you are gonna criticize or hate please save yourself some time and GTFO.

So for the past year i have been making playlists for my favorite artists which contain, once again, IN MY OPINION, their best songs. Now these aren't the artist's "greatest hits" per se, but when i'm in the mood to listen to an artist i'll put on one of these playlists so i don't have to keep skipping all the shitty songs to get to the ones i think are the best. These playlists are usually made up of 30%-40% of an artist's songs (depending on the artist) so it has some diversity.

So now for the process, i download an artist of my choices discography, listen to each song and rate it on a personal scale out of 5 (how much i enjoy listening to the song) and a critical standpoint of the song out of 5. After adding both scores, songs with a 6 or higher get added to my playlist. Oh and by the way i usually don't add features unless the feature is incredible / dominates the song.

Why am I doing this? Well for people who have listened to some songs from an artists, and like the artist, but don't know what other songs they should listen to. But there's another reason i'm doing this. Chances are, i either am missing some songs from an artists discography (in fact I'm aware i don't have any 100% complete discographies) or i didn't give some songs the respect they deserve. So if anyone sees any songs they think should be included in a playlist that were left out, feel free to comment and let me know, as long as it is done respectfully.

Now to get started. Below i will list the artist(s) included in each playlist. (There may be more than one for a playlist... for example in my Lupe playlist it would say, Lupe Fiasco, CRS, All City Chess Club, etc.) Below the artist i will list the albums/mixtapes which contain songs in my playlist, next to the album/mixtape in parenthesis is the number of songs from the album/mixtape in the playlist. Below the albums i will list the songs in alphabetical order.

Once again, please no flaming or unnecessary hate. This thread is meant to help others getting into new artists as well as help myself rediscover songs i have overlooked in the past. I have spent a lot of time on this so please show some respect. If anyone feels like posting their artist playlists as well feel welcome.

Here goes nothing....

So far i have completed playlists for Blu, J. Cole, Kid Cudi, Jay Electronica, Lupe Fiasco, Slug, and Kanye. I am currently working on a Charles Hamilton playlist and it is taking me fucking forever (I'm about half way done with it).

It takes a while for me to type these up so I'll post one by one whenever i have the time. I'll start with Blu

Blu, Blue & Exile, Johnson&Jonson

Albums

1. Below the Heavens (12)
2. Blu: Drop the E (4)
3. HerFavoriteColo(u)r. (4)
4. Jesus LP (1)
5. Lifted EP (1)
6. LIFTED- The C.O.R.E. Mixtape (3)
7. ParieArtNommee[EP] (1)
8. Powders&Oils (9)
9. (So)ul Amazing (10)
10. (So)ul Amazing Part 2 (5)
11. A Whole Lot of Soul Partner Vol.1 (5)

Songs

55 songs out of 147 (37.4%)

1. All the Kings Men
2. Amnesia
3. Another Day
4. Bad News Barnes
5. Been Such a Longtime
6. Blu Colla Workers
7. Change (Ya World)
8. City of Los(t) Ang(e)les
9. Cold Hearted
10. Collect Respect Anna Check
11. Dancing in the Rain
12. Disco D.Y.N.A.M.I.T.E.
13. Doowhop
14. First Things First
15. Fly (Song of Liberation)
16. Get It Now
17. GloryUs
18. Half a Knot
19. Hold on John
20. I Am…
21. In Remembrance of Me
22. It’s Okay
23. La La La
24. Life’s a Gamble
25. Local Legends
26. Look
27. Maintain
28. Mars
29. My World Is…
30. Never Ending
31. No Greater Love
32. Nuts Hang
33. Outro (Anything is Possible)
34. Pardon
35. Party of Two
36. Pearly Gates
37. Respect
38. Show Me the Good Life
39. Simply Amazin’
40. Soul Amazin’ (Steel Blazin’)
41. Soul Provider
42. Stress Off the Chest
43. Sun in My Face
44. Swear
45. The Narrow Path
46. The Only Way
47. The Soul Provider
48. The World Is (Below the Heavens…)
49. Therapy
50. Told Me
51. Top 5 N Luv (Taking A Little Break)
52. Untitled(LovedU)2
53. Vanity
54. Wake Up
55. Winter Wine

inb4tldr

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.