Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Da gawd Jeff Weiss presents us with this wonderful outline/summary of the recording history of the greatest thing to bless mankind since the signing of the Magna Carta; Kanye West and Jay-Z's 'Watch the Throne' album.

He interviews Jay-Z, Beyonce, Frank Ocean, Mike Dean, Kid Cudi, Mr Hudson, Spike Jonze, Consequence, Swizz Beatz, Rick Ross, Big Sean, Justin Vernon, Brent Bergstrom, the RZA, Otis Redding and Biggie's mother; Violetta Wallace

Kanye West chose to opt out of the interview process.

http://passionweiss.com/2011/08/09/%E2%80%9Clook-at-me%E2%80%9D-an-oral-history-of-watch-the-throne/

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Frank Ocean: Everyone was freaking out about the album leaking, it didn’t seem like they cared about the actual album leaking, but what Kanye would do if it happened. Apparently, when “Mama’s Boyfriend” came out with a different beat, Kanye was so distraught he flew to Bangkok, got a rickshaw to the hood and started strangling random homeless women, alternating between calling them “Alexis” and “Amber”. Plain Pat says you can buy ANYTHING there.

:laugh:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
"Rza: I was like “Nina Simone? I was sampling O.V. Wright when I was 19, don’t you think “Feelin Good” is a little obvious?” Then he gave me a check for three mill just to put my name on it, then I thought about the 8 Diagrams reviews…….."

LOOOOB my thoughts exactly

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Violetta Wallace: Watch the who? If you speak to Sean can you please ask him to respond to my lawyer’s request for some damn royalties? You’re a Hip Hop writer? Let me ask you this, how many of my son’s lines HASN’T he used?

lol

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shame he couldn't get Kanye to comment. He could've enlightened us to some baller ass shit he's participated in recently

·
Registered
109,058 Posts
Szohr said:
Frank Ocean: Everyone was freaking out about the album leaking, it didn’t seem like they cared about the actual album leaking, but what Kanye would do if it happened. Apparently, when “Mama’s Boyfriend” came out with a different beat, Kanye was so distraught he flew to Bangkok, got a rickshaw to the hood and started strangling random homeless women, alternating between calling them “Alexis” and “Amber”. Plain Pat says you can buy ANYTHING there.

:laugh:
LMFAOOO

·
Registered
109,058 Posts
Mr. Hudson: No, I still don’t get it. One night after a show in Liverpool with the Library, and this guy wearing Martin Lawrence’s outfit in “You So Crazy” approaches me, takes off his Lavar Burton sunglasses and says “One day you’re going to be more famous than I am.” Next thing I know I’m singing hooks for Jay-Z. I don’t even like Jay-Z.

these are fucking hilarious

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nathn said:
"Rza: I was like “Nina Simone? I was sampling O.V. Wright when I was 19, don’t you think “Feelin Good” is a little obvious?” Then he gave me a check for three mill just to put my name on it, then I thought about the 8 Diagrams reviews…….."
THANK YOU, somebody else thought of this!

·
Registered
109,058 Posts
Nathn said:

LOOOOB my thoughts exactly
I honestly don't get it tbh

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Sky said:
I honestly don't get it tbh

It makes more sense if you are a producer that samples. Feelin' Good is literally sampled by everyone and their mom so it seemed too obvious for someone like RZA to sample it when he was sampling someone like O.V. Wright when he was only 19.

·
Registered
109,058 Posts
Nathn said:
It makes more sense if you are a producer that samples. Feelin' Good is literally sampled by everyone and their mom so it seemed too obvious for someone like RZA to sample it when he was sampling someone like O.V. Wright when he was only 19.
Ya I get that, I just don't get the connection with the reviews for 8 Diagrams

1 - 20 of 31 Posts