Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

You all seem to be really emotional right now, and you may be having flashes of thoughts like "Why do I really care so much about the Metacritic score? Why is it making me so emotional? Why do I NEED a review aggregate website to back up my own opinion?"

I'm here to help explain it to you! It's because you're young and insecure. For this specific example, you're insecure in your own opinion. You think this album is incredible and worthy of a 100 score, but you've noticed there are mixed reviews that are strongly challenging your own beliefs. You, being an insecure teenager, feel scared about this. You have an over-inflated sense of your own intelligence and ability to critique things, and being confronted with challenges is...very tough to deal with nonetheless.

As you get older, these types of things will start to bother you less and less, and you'll just have your own opinion on things without needing it to be validated.

Happy posting, y'all!

·
Registered
23,828 Posts
If the score is above 80 , people will cite Metascore the whole day.
If the score is under 80, people will say that Metascore's system is flawed and that nobody should use it as evidence of greatness of the album.

Not the score's fault

·
Registered
12,113 Posts
op

you can be
old
and insecure

its not just a trait of young people

come on

i know there's corny posts you wish you could unmake
i know there's corny topics you wish you could unmake

you left your topic open somebody just took a shot

·
Registered
14,306 Posts
you either love or hate ye

scores will be all over the place

some saying its the best album ever, others will say its the worst

metacritic doesnt really mean anything imo

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yo Yo Honey Singh said:
Stfu u cringe corny fuck
Hey man, I appreciate the feedback. I'll try to reduce the corny cringe on my next post. Also, I'm genuinely sorry you're from such a shitty city. British Columbia is a beautiful province that I visit often, and I'm always super impressed that, despite the beautiful mountains, ocean, and wildlife, a truly desolate shit-hole like Surrey is able to exist.

As a sign of my deep remorse for making such a "corny cringe" post, I'm willing to pull up the blinds of my window and take a picture of my vastly superior city, in case it can provide you with some form of comfort. PM me with your email and I'll have it over soon.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
King Leaf said:
Im 21 ***** :meek:
If you're not a teenager and you care this much about the Metacritic score... you're not proving me wrong. You're just making yourself look worse.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hot pancakes said:
you either love or hate ye

scores will be all over the place

some saying its the best album ever, others will say its the worst

metacritic doesnt really mean anything imo

Congratulations, you have a self-esteem that isn't dependent on outside sources!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts