Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we need a thread for this.

I saw it for the first time, last week (lost power, had it on my iPod, so hooked my iPod up to sister's laptop so I could watch it fullscreen on iTunes so the ghost of Lynch wouldn't lynch me) and the film's eerily stayed with me ever since I've seen it. It's really good.

I think we need a thread for it.

(SPOILERS!)

One of the things I wanted to ask was that if the next door neighbor ends up killing Spacey, then what does his wife end up doing with her gun? All we see her do is throw her purse away which seems to be her way of acknowleding how materialistic she is, but it's not her throwing her gun away.

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
That plastic bag did me in.

Spacey certainly proved the casting director right, though. Excellent performance, and the delivery of the "you will" at the end is still effective.

As far as depictions of suburban malaise, though, I think Mendes' 'Revolutionary Road' is stronger(though even more telegraphed than 'American Beauty')

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I think American Beauty is quite extraordinary. I haven't seen it for a while, so the exact details of the ending and the gun evade me. Although I've always had a strong sense that it was Cooper's character who did Spacey in. Beautiful ending either way.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Signature Ligature said:
As far as depictions of suburban malaise, though, I think Mendes' 'Revolutionary Road' is stronger(though even more telegraphed than 'American Beauty')
Little Children is another one

·
Registered
57,887 Posts
have been meaning to watch this for years

finally watching it :popcorn:

·
Registered
71,327 Posts
it's no american honey

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
the post about revolutionary road above is spot on as well.

one of the most depressing things I've ever watched

·
Registered
57,887 Posts
wtf whole movie i felt like i was going to have a heart attack and then at the ending when Lester is at peace I finally felt at peace with it

knew I'd love that movie no idea why I didn't see it sooner

awesome :)

·
Banned
4,992 Posts
ktothe2 said:
I think we need a thread for this.

I saw it for the first time, last week (lost power, had it on my iPod, so hooked my iPod up to sister's laptop so I could watch it fullscreen on iTunes so the ghost of Lynch wouldn't lynch me) and the film's eerily stayed with me ever since I've seen it. It's really good.

I think we need a thread for it.

(SPOILERS!)

One of the things I wanted to ask was that if the next door neighbor ends up killing Spacey, then what does his wife end up doing with her gun? All we see her do is throw her purse away which seems to be her way of acknowleding how materialistic she is, but it's not her throwing her gun away.
he killed himself  at the end

·
Registered
57,887 Posts

·
Banned
4,992 Posts
Henry Krinkle said:
no cooper killed him it shows him return covered in blood he thinks his son was blowing lester
In the original ending the kids are arrested for lesters death
how u know about that original ending

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Solid movie. Yeah I prefer Revolutionary Road over it too because if nothing else it had Michael Shannon's entertaining performance.

Little Children is decent too.

·
Registered
19,906 Posts
W... said:
how u know about that original ending
special fts /deleted scenes
Not to imply they killed him just take the fall
Plus the part with thora birch and ricky she says someone should kill him or something along those lines( its been awhile since I watched it )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts