Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...that doesn't need big hits in the NFL? I hate when they say fans want to see big hits

I rather see: Well executed 18 play 95 yard drive, a 84 yd Punt Return, Hail mary, Flea Flicker, Onside Kick, Any Kind of Big game ending play in OT, Blocked Punt, Michael Vick, Greatest Show on Turf, Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Perfectly executed running play, etc.

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Big hits are cool and all but i'd much rather see all the things you listed haha. The only memorable big hit I've seen in my football watching days was the one on Reggie Bush in that Saints/Eagles playoff game

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
Big hits are a part of the game. Literally, not figuratively. Attempting to take away "hard" collisions in football disrupts the flow and quality of the game.

Besides, big hits are necessary... the defense gets lonely tool.

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
The hits are a big part of the game.

A great hit on the defensive side is like a great catch on the offensive side, they can't take them away. Ray Lewis' hit to open MNF for the season is one of my highlights of the season so far.

·
Registered
19,931 Posts
GMC...Relapsed said:

A great hit on the defensive side is like a great catch on the offensive side, they can't take them away. Ray Lewis' hit to open MNF for the season is one of my highlights of the season so far.

·
Registered
19,931 Posts
Ray Lewis Big Hit + Randy Moss One Handed catch = highlights of the season imo.
Of course i'm biased because the two were against the jets :dno:.

·
Registered
19,931 Posts
IDK about you guys, but when my team's facing an elite QB like Manning, Brees or Rivers, i want my team to lay some huge hits on them. There nothing worse to a fan than watching your defense being dominated by a qb on a long drive.
You want your anger to be represented on that huge hit your linebacker layed on that annoying elite qb that is tearing your defense apart.
That's how i feel :dno:.

·
Registered
27,950 Posts
Like Tito first said, they're a part of the game. They really help with shifting the momentum of a game.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Big hits are cool to watch, assuming no one is injured. Much  like how people like car crashes and explosions, big hits can get people's hearts racing. I personally don't think the hits make the game, but they add an additional sense of action that's just lurking across the middle.

·
Registered
28,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GMC...Relapsed said:

True that
That won the game really
But I'm just saying I hate how they say it like all the fans want to see is big hits
But it truly is a part of the game

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Big Hits are like Dunks in the NBA, they create momentum shifts.

I mean Wilfork even said that once the Meriweather hit happened (albeit awful, and cheap) it got the defense fired up and they dominated the Ravens for the rest of the game.

·
Premium Member
37,799 Posts
Big hits are cool and all, but I'd rather see a spectacular play. But if they did fine players for "big hits" I think it would be a league of pussys. Linebackers and safetys would hesitate to level that receiver running a post route through the middle of the field. There would be so many more broken tackles

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I cant stand people complaining, its a rule, its their choice to follow it or not, but they have to take the consequences.

I think Colin Cowherd had a good analogy today.. Its something that has been a rule all season, they are just going to start enforcing it more. Its like driving down the highway, the LAW/RULE is 65 (or whatever the speed limit may be) Thats the law, its not a suggestion, its the law. If the police department decided they were going to crack down on speeders, they can go out and give anyone a ticket for going over 65. Just like this NFL rule that already in the books, its a players choice to obey it or not, but they shouldnt be surprised if they in trouble.

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
Escobar21 said:
Big hits are cool and all, but I'd rather see a spectacular play. But if they did fine players for "big hits" I think it would be a league of pussys. Linebackers and safetys would hesitate to level that receiver running a post route through the middle of the field. There would be so many more broken tackles
Big hits are spectacular plays though, that's what the defensive guy's have.

That would be like saying to QB's 'alright, you can still pass the ball, but you're not allowed to throw it more than 20 yards'. Those moments change games and add momentum/excitement, the second part of your post is exactly what the NFL would turn into. Leave the rules as they are, no problems.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts