Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
lyrically stillmatic>Blueprint, Print is a better album, you prefer listening to Hova because the dude comes with a better package, the flow is better, his rhymes give fans delusions of grandeur, unmatched hustle and a street cred that he probably doesn't deserve, but what makes him better is the production team.

Listen to Hov and your buying kanye just blaze and swizz beats, i don't even no who does Nas's shit, he refuses to add lex luger and J.U.S.T.I.C.E 2009 vibes to his shit, making him less enjoyable to listen to. 
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
Don Teezy said:
lyrically stillmatic>Blueprint, Print is a better album, you prefer listening to Hova because the dude comes with a better package, the flow is better, his rhymes encompass delusions of grandeur, unmatched hustle and a street cred that he probably doesn't deserve, but what makes him better is the production team.

Listen to Hov and your buying kanye just blaze and swizz beats, i don't even no who does Nas's shit, he refuses to add lex luger and J.U.S.T.I.C.E 2009 vibes to his shit, making him less enjoyable to listen to. 
Which makes Jay goat. Nas may be technically better, but theres so much other stuff to consider.

Also when you get at the top it really comes down to preference. Its really who you like better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,426 Posts
Hova said:
Which makes Jay goat. Nas may be technically better, but theres so much other stuff to consider.

Also when you get at the top it really comes down to preference. Its really who you like better.
true
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,204 Posts
Hova said:
Which makes Jay goat. Nas may be technically better, but theres so much other stuff to consider.

Also when you get at the top it really comes down to preference. Its really who you like better.
I will had that every time i buy a nas album i always bump it hard for a month but the replay value is really brought down by the lack of good beats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
I listen to Nas more, but I could definitely apply this to a lot of lyrical rappers. Shit, I listen to Kanye more than I listen to Biggie, definitely doesn't mean that I think Kanye's a better rapper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Nas is a storyteller. When he's at his best, he's practically unmatched. Very few rappers are skilled in the way Nas is (or should I say was). The issue with Nas has almost always been his choice of production. While some of his beats are dope as fuck, the majority of them are very mediocre.

Jay's lyrics are very rarely "enlightening" or anything, but he's always had top notch production. (probably because he's very wealthy).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
crise said:
Nas is a storyteller. When he's at his best, he's practically unmatched. Very few rappers are skilled in the way Nas is (or should I say was). The issue with Nas has almost always been his choice of production. While some of his beats are dope as fuck, the majority of them are very mediocre.

Jay's lyrics are very rarely "enlightening" or anything, but he's always had top notch production. (probably because he's very wealthy).
I don't really feel its primarily because jay is extremely wealth, nas has like 5 platinum albums his a rich man, he doesn't have great production purely out of preference, maybe coz his stuck in 94 or maybe because he wants to draw emphasis on the barz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,743 Posts
I can barely listen to Nas cuz he has such a bad ear for beats, but I'll certainly acknowledge he's on-point lyrically. :dno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Don Teezy said:
I don't really feel its primarily because jay is extremely wealth, nas has like 5 platinum albums his a rich man, he doesn't have great production purely out of preference, maybe coz his stuck in 94 or maybe because he wants to draw emphasis on the barz
Jay is definitely a heck of a lot wealthier than Nas. Remember, Nas has had to pay child support practically his entire career. He is wealthy, but not $500-600 million wealthy like Jay.

Maybe you're right, and Jay knows to adapt to the times, and Nas doesn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
crise said:
Jay is definitely a heck of a lot wealthier than Nas. Remember, Nas has had to pay child support practically his entire career. He is wealthy, but not $500-600 million wealthy like Jay.

Maybe you're right, and Jay knows to adapt to the times, and Nas doesn't.
I feel ya, i think everyone here is on the same page, nas has a few well produced gems though, to match his high lyrical fervor, flyest on stillmatic with AZ has high re-play value, don't no why strong will continue wasn't released as a single for distant relatives. 5 years ago he went platinum, by this time people like snoop and fat joe were not relevant. If nas released an album which combined lex luger or preferably kanye with his skills on the Mic he would still get critical and commerical acclaim easily. Lets not forgot that in 96 he was probably releasing more mainstream music than Jay.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top