Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JAYDZA said:
u deserver 100 per beats with this skill level u good fuck everyone else make a website
man I really appreciate that, all about growing I guess!
I need to looking into promoting myself more

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SplendaDaddy said:
You're underselling yourself, tbh
getting anyone to spend what I'm asking for is hard enough. Guess I've gotta promote myself better somehow

·
Registered
32,365 Posts
DNAA-Producer said:
getting anyone to spend what I'm asking for is hard enough. Guess I've gotta promote myself better somehow
first beat hard as fuck guarantee you can lease for 20+

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mctate said:
first beat hard as fuck guarantee you can lease for 20+
thank you bro, these comments have been surprising and I've been under selling myself. Will have to sort shit this week

·
Registered
112 Posts
didnt hit play but even if they were trash $12 is really, really bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah man. Realistically you should be charging more, you're very talented.

I think a lot of it is the general stigma with buying products online. I think you'll have more success if you try to impact the artist on a personal level. Or even offer BOGO

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sbineedmoney said:
Yeah man. Realistically you should be charging more, you're very talented.

I think a lot of it is the general stigma with buying products online. I think you'll have more success if you try to impact the artist on a personal level. Or even offer BOGO
thank you man.
Im literally in the middle of sorting out some deals and upping the price a bit!

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sk8rpa said:
I think you underestimate yourself, beats def good quality. its just hard to find an audience
exactly that, even after loads of promotion it's hard to find a good run to sales. I'm definitely now going to up

·
Registered
809 Posts
i didn't listen but don't charge what you would be making at an hourly wage job. even if you do sell the beat for $12, if it took you 3 hours to make the beat, you're only earning $4 per hour that you put into the beat. and that's not counting the time you're waiting for that particular beat to sell.

when rappers ask beats for free, ask them what are they willing to do for you that can actually count for something. free promo, etc. isn't really worth it because the turn around won't be that great on your behalf. you'll attract more rappers that want shit for free. try to negotiate instead of saying no. say you'll give em a discounted price on another beat or simply negotiate other terms other than free shit. tell em the benefits of actually buying your beat, like they can do shows or put it in an album, related it with cash people love cash. sell them the idea that if they pay for the beat, they can make money with it (its highly unlikely they will) if they don't comply, keep it moving.

idk if i made sense.

·
Registered
809 Posts
DNAA-Producer said:
exactly that, even after loads of promotion it's hard to find a good run to sales. I'm definitely now going to up
alright, i listened. the quality on these, and i don't mean to be a dick, but it's alright. work on mixing and mastering a bit better. leveling and panning is the key to a good mix. get your levels and panning right and basically you're good. limiters, reverbs, chorus and all that is extra, it won't make it sound better though. eq only if you have to, don't over do it.

also, don't spend so much on promotion specially if you're paying for ads (idk if that's what you're doing). get the music right first, then focus on promotion.

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hstn. said:
alright, i listened. the quality on these, and i don't mean to be a dick, but it's alright. work on mixing and mastering a bit better. leveling and panning is the key to a good mix. get your levels and panning right and basically you're good. limiters, reverbs, chorus and all that is extra, it won't make it sound better though. eq only if you have to, don't over do it.

also, don't spend so much on promotion specially if you're paying for ads (idk if that's what you're doing). get the music right first, then focus on promotion.
I've always asked on here for tips/criticism of mt mixing I've always said to myself I need to better myself which I have in the last 6 months. So I'm glad you've pointed that out
Noooo I've never paid for ANY promotion, just need to find places to put them to maybe up sales!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts