Kanye to The banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the meaning behind all of the lights? It's obvious he tried to make this the epic climax of the album with all the features and the interlude but what is the meaning? The chorus and the verses seem different and all the features saying different things in the ending I just cant make out what the meaning of this song is supposed to be.

IMO after power this comes on the album, so it could be saying that the media and fame (all of the lights) leads to a downfall in artists, and it tried to portray them in bad ways hence the verses and people like elton john who has had his problems and fergie and others saying stuff at the end. and cudi saying getting mine and get it right in his part is showing how cudi doesnt care how they depict him which is evident from the way he acts. Idk i could be reaching but I feel like there is a definite meaning to this song and its probably supposed to be deep and meaningful

·
Banned
1,675 Posts
He's talking about his return to the game after the T-Swift incident in verse one.
Slap my girl, call the feds = Snatching the mic, bunch of people getting mad at Kanye

To my surprise, a ***** replacing me= Drake is "supposedly the next Kanye" deemed by some listeners

Take em to the ghetto university= Schoolin' these new cats tryna copy him, takin them to school, showin them why kanye west is kanye west.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts