Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So remember that track that leaked last spring called "Know why"?
Well the chorus goes...
"All along, these ****** thought I was cappin til they open their eyes and now they finally... etc"

Well I think they're the same song  :we:

·
Registered
34,767 Posts
Damn, good shout man.

Dope song, but (if you're right) it disappoints me that I've heard another of the songs already. There will be almost no surprises at this rate.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
hmm wasnt know why recorded way before the first album though. dont think such an old song would make it but who knows

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Already Home said:
Its not All Along, it's oh no.

You sure?

Here's my thoughts. I was hoping MOTMII would be all new songs. I was hoping the album would flow together as seemlessly as the first one did (minus the random "Poke her face). He really set the bar high with the first album. You can listen from beginning to end without having to skip a track. Truly!
Songs like "mojo so dope", "Know why", & "wylin cuz I'm young" come off as mediocre Cudi songs. While others like "Trapped in my mind" and "erase me" are on par and actually further his transcendence into mainstream hip-pop.

It's not consistent. I hope he didnt fall into the routine of recording 40+ songs and delivering what he feels to be his top 17 on this album. I like when there's a central theme and feel... to me, that makes an album. THat's what made MOTM: TEOD so stellar.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Donnie Darko said:
I love the hook

My mojo so dope, bitch, my mojo so dope
TheLonelyStoner said:
I hear where you're coming from; but for what it's worth, I think Mojo So Dope is great. Not the hook, but the verses.

Yea, I like it too. I shouldn't have included it within the same sentence as the other two.

·
Registered
34,767 Posts
Donnie Darko said:
I love the hook

My mojo so dope, bitch, my mojo so dope
I don't find it particularly memorable.

The verses are quite powerful though, despite being delivered in Cudi's typical chilled manner.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
TheLonelyStoner said:
I don't find it particularly memorable.

The verses are quite powerful though, despite being delivered in Cudi's typical chilled manner.
Well to be fair, not many of his lyrics are memorable.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Vigor said:
So remember that track that leaked last spring called "Know why"?
Well the chorus goes...
"All along, these ****** thought I was cappin til they open their eyes and now they finally... etc"

Well I think they're the same song  :we:
smh......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts