Kanye to The banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up a little xr20 the other day to fuck around on around the house, ive used some of the preset drum,1shot and synth 'sets' as are to make beats but i want/need to know if i can take some sounds from say three different 'sets' and then put them in a seperate 'set' say the drums from ''brooklyn'' the 1shot from ''glitch and a synth.
also im unsure how i can use the dial to tweak the synths, any ideas

cheers guys for any help, im not sure ive i have explained it well enough...heres to hoping

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah thats true, i figured before I go and blow shit loads on one of their mpc range id see if im any good I guess. It is very limited though, as far as sampling and shit its a no go you have what you have

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
swagga on 2 said:
oh yeah thats true, i figured before I go and blow shit loads on one of their mpc range id see if im any good I guess. It is very limited though, as far as sampling and shit its a no go you have what you have
why didn't you try the mpd series

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
swagga on 2 said:
how much are they what are the benifits of one of them?
the most expensive is the 32 it's 299.99 they really dope man the have the same pads as the mpc, they are midi only and connect with your producing software the 24-32's have the dope features check them out the have screens and ish to what your doing

·
Registered
14 Posts
read your manual.  mpc's call the pad layout the 'program' so that thing might be similar.

you should really have some software in mind before you buy a midi controller.  they're not drum machines, they can be great, but if you don't have software it's a little like having a keyboard with no computer.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JHAN said:
read your manual.  mpc's call the pad layout the 'program' so that thing might be similar.

you should really have some software in mind before you buy a midi controller.  they're not drum machines, they can be great, but if you don't have software it's a little like having a keyboard with no computer.
got it 2nd hand - no manual

1 - 18 of 18 Posts